For Caroline fans who really like watching her play - 2016 thru 2020 | The Boneyard

For Caroline fans who really like watching her play - 2016 thru 2020

Reaction Score
From highlight video, Saylor also has deep 3-pt range like Caroline but somehow just could not make a shot last year (actually 1 out of 11 from deep). If Saylor and Caroline Ducharme find their shots this year, the happiest people will be the post players Ono, Dorka and AE.

Reaction Score
From highlight video, Saylor also has deep 3-pt range like Caroline but somehow just could not make a shot last year (actually 1 out of 11 from deep). If Saylor and Caroline Ducharme find their shots this year, the happiest people will be the post players Ono, Dorka and AE.

Saylor began having back problems almost immediately (in February) after joining the team back in January. It turned out to be the stress fracture that kept her out of summer practice and she has been rehabbing. Not surprising she was a little off with her shooting. As an aside, her first time on the court with 1:52 left against DePaul, Paige pulled her aside and said she was going to pass it to her and for her to immediately shoot. She missed all three that Paige fed her, but she said it was the end of freshman nerves for her. If she settles in, look out.

Watching that video, she can hit from way out there.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

I think that one of the reasons why she had trouble with the three's last year was because of her back issues.

Reaction Score
Thanks to Dad Tom Ducharme! See the 2020 video to learn where to pick up Caroline in order to defend her 3PT shot. Spoiler: Before half court!
Her three point shooting is phenomenal, but watching the way she sets herself up for a drive to the basket tells me all I need to know about why Paige calls her a 'sneaky good silent assassin.'

Reaction Score
Every year I pick one UConn player to follow carefully on the court, more so than any other player or the team as a whole. It is a technique that puts me in the game, almost on the floor. I see what the other players are doing from her perspective. In the past it has been Stewie, then Lou, for the past two years Anna. After the Arizona game, I correctly guessed she would not return and considered switching to Nika but based on high school tapes and interviews I will be going with Caroline, hoping against hope she gets significant minutes.

Reaction Score
Every year I pick one UConn player to follow carefully on the court, more so than any other player or the team as a whole. It is a technique that puts me in the game, almost on the floor. I see what the other players are doing from her perspective. In the past it has been Stewie, then Lou, for the past two years Anna. After the Arizona game, I correctly guessed she would not return and considered switching to Nika but based on high school tapes and interviews I will be going with Caroline, hoping against hope she gets significant minutes.
That's a very interesting concept. I'll have to try that but I'll probably mix up the player from game to game.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
You don't think that Caroline will get minutes comparable to what Anna got? I think she will, and she will earn them just the way that Anna did. In many ways, they seem to be very similar players -- similar in size, body type, shooting, rebounding, and basketball IQ; deficient in speed relative to other contenders for their role.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom