For as long as we stay in the AAC we should at least make it a good conference. | The Boneyard

For as long as we stay in the AAC we should at least make it a good conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I, like everybody else, would like to see us in either the ACC or Big 10 but in the mean time, I would prefer that the conference gets improved. For starters, Tulane adds NO athletic value whatsoever (bad at both fb and bb) so they should be the first to get the boot. I understand that E. Carolina is solid at football, but they add absolutely nothing in basketball so they should also go (the school I'm replacing them with is better at football). I would also get rid of Tulsa as they stink at football and are only average at basketball. At this point it should be noted that these three teams are the three the OBE added (clearly a mistake). That leaves us with 8 in basketball and 9 in football. Here is what I would do: 1) add BYU, Boise State, and Air Force for football only (Boise State and Air Force could go to the WCC for basketball). All three are solid football schools, and they already play each other anyway. 2) Add two basketball-only schools to get to 10 in basketball: Wichita State and UMass (both are solid basketball schools and UMass brings in a local rival for us).
Here is how football would look:
East:
UConn
Cincy
Navy (would play Air Force annually)
USF
UCF
Temple
West:
SMU
Houston
Memphis
Air Force
Boise State
BYU

Basketball:
UConn
Cincy
Memphis
Temple
Wichita State
UMass
SMU
Houston
USF
UCF

What do you think?

Reaction Score
I, like everybody else, would like to see us in either the ACC or Big 10 but in the mean time, I would prefer that the conference gets improved. For starters, Tulane adds NO athletic value whatsoever (bad at both fb and bb) so they should be the first to get the boot. I understand that E. Carolina is solid at football, but they add absolutely nothing in basketball so they should also go (the school I'm replacing them with is better at football). I would also get rid of Tulsa as they stink at football and are only average at basketball. At this point it should be noted that these three teams are the three the OBE added (clearly a mistake). That leaves us with 8 in basketball and 9 in football. Here is what I would do: 1) add BYU, Boise State, and Air Force for football only (Boise State and Air Force could go to the WCC for basketball). All three are solid football schools, and they already play each other anyway. 2) Add two basketball-only schools to get to 10 in basketball: Wichita State and UMass (both are solid basketball schools and UMass brings in a local rival for us).
East:
UConn
Cincy
USF
UCF
Temple
West:
SMU
Houston
Memphis
Air Force
Boise State
BYU

Basketball:
UConn
Cincy
Memphis
Temple
Wichita State
UMass
SMU
Houston
USF
UCF

What do you think?

I think you don't know much about Tulsa.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Fine, forget adding Wichita State and UMass for basketball. Keep basketball at 8 (14-game regular season like Ivy League), which would allow for 17 nonconference games (which could be 2 or 3 more high-profile games for us and one or two more cupcakes.
So basketball would be:
UConn
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
SMU
Houston
UCF
USF

Reaction Score
East:
UConn
Cincy
USF
UCF
Temple
West:
SMU
Houston
Memphis
Air Force
Boise State
BYU

Basketball:
UConn
Cincy
Memphis
Temple
Wichita State
UMass
SMU
Houston
USF
UCF

What do you think?

I've got one word for you....paragraphs.

Reaction Score
Fine, forget adding Wichita State and UMass for basketball. Keep basketball at 8 (14-game regular season like Ivy League), which would allow for 17 nonconference games (which could be 2 or 3 more high-profile games for us and one or two more cupcakes.
So basketball would be:
UConn
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
SMU
Houston
UCF
USF
604-Office-Space-quotes.png

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
So basketball would be:
UConn
Cincy
Temple
Memphis
SMU
Houston
UCF
USF

You have to understand that no conference will take on partial membership for some schools since football still brings in the most revenue. It either your in or out. Plus the AAC doesn't have the cache to lure anyone over to be just football outside navy since they really only have football since b ball to weak for AAC .

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Here's what I would want: get rid of Tulane in all sports and bring in either BYU or Army for football-only. 10 for basketball, 12 for football. Army-Navy game will have to be played during the regular season, but so be it.

Reaction Score
East:
UConn
Cincy
USF
UCF
Temple
West:
SMU
Houston
Memphis
Air Force
Boise State
BYU

Basketball:
UConn
Cincy
Memphis
Temple
Wichita State
UMass
SMU
Houston
USF
UCF

What do you think?

16MCf.gif

Reaction Score
Tulane is one of the best, if not the best, academic schools in the conference, and it's in N.O. I think it is very valuable to the conference.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Tulane is one of the best, if not the best, academic schools in the conference, and it's in N.O. I think it is very valuable to the conference.
Academics are great and all, but they add nothing for athletics (as far as basketball and football), and as far as New Orleans, that's Saints and LSU country.

Reaction Score

Tulane is AAU. Someone posted that Herbst pushed for their membership in the American and for a reason.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Tulane is AAU. Someone posted that Herbst pushed for their membership in the American and for a reason.

You beat me to this post. We need Tulane to build AAU relationships so we can get the heck outta here.

pj

Reaction Score

If Tulane gets us in the AAU in exchange for us getting them in the AAC, it's a great trade.

Reaction Score
Kenny Scott, Connecticut, 6-9, 210 lb, C/F (Darlaston, England)

G MIN FG FGA FT FTA REB PF AST TO BLK STL PTS
84-85 Tulane 14 89 20 41 9 19 22 9 0 6 5 3 49
85-86 UConn 13 25 3 7 0 0 4 2 1 2 1 1 6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTALS 27 114 23 48 9 19 26 11 1 8 6 4 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics