For All Dedicated Uconn Fans/FYI | Page 2 | The Boneyard

For All Dedicated Uconn Fans/FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dear Senor Doowop:

Mine is but a voice of one, but I like your style! I disagree (quite STRENUOUSLY) with your opinion, but I definitely like your style. I urge, nay, I implore you to desist from trying to "defend" your post in the face of criticism, and to cease attempts to modify it to satisfy the demands of others.

Naturally, whenever you float an opinion "out there," you have to be willing, and sufficiently thick-skinned, to see it challenged, often vigorously. But our Board is fairly heavily populated with Junior Policeman types who call other posters names (troll?), and who like, independent of the moderators, to weigh in on what is, and what is not appropriate to post here. Stick to your guns!

Respectfully,

La Petunia Grande

P.S. Are you a wagering type?

Who are you calling junior !? ;)

I don't object to the Donald expressing his opinion. I just don't see a need to purposely post a controversial comment, that he doesn't believe himself, in order to see what kind of responses he gets.
That is the very definition of trolling. If he doesn't like the label, there's a simple way of avoiding it. Don't do it. It's not that difficult.

Reaction Score
Uconn's record after the first four games will be 0 and 4 and two of the losses will be by double figures. However, in time they will play to their potential and end up having a respectable season. Carnac, how about that for a prediction? I think there are those out there who agree with me.
Take that to the bank? Or are predictions and opinions valued as the paper they are written on??

Reaction Score
Who are you calling junior !? ;)

I don't object to the Donald expressing his opinion. I just don't see a need to purposely post a controversial comment, that he doesn't believe himself, in order to see what kind of responses he gets.
That is the very definition of trolling. If he doesn't like the label, there's a simple way of avoiding it. Don't do it. It's not that difficult.

Controversial Opinions are still opinions ---and whether I or you like them --they still have the right to present them. ALSO--my be t is DooWop is doing this to get our blood moving before the first real game.

Reaction Score
Controversial Opinions are still opinions ---and whether I or you like them --they still have the right to present them. ALSO--my be t is DooWop is doing this to get our blood moving before the first real game.

That's my point. It WASN'T his opinion.
A technical point. "Your right to present them (opinions)" in this forum, only goes as far as the mods allow. There were members who are no longer allowed on this board.

Reaction Score
Huh, donalddoowop, two observations here:
1. There is no way UConn starts the season 0-4. They'll win tomorrow night. The envelope sez: UConn 70- FSU 55. Gabby records the season's first double-double. Collier and Samuelson also finish with double digit scores.

2. For safety's sake, not to mention your credibility here in the yard, you have gone way beyond the "safe" boundary limits of that limb you're standing on. You're on record of
predicting UConn going 0-4. I'm of the opinion that UConn has a better chance of going 4-0, than 0-4.

You own that prediction. If you're wrong, and I think you are, your credibility will take a massive blow, and the board regulars will take note. A couple more like that, (if you're wrong), you'll have to turn in your "seer/prognosticating" card, and and your fan card, be put on probation, and go dark for a while. No one will take you seriously. I don't know who or where you've been getting your information from, but Sir, you've been misinformed. Please report back here after the Dayton game (4th game), so that your predictions can be assessed. :cool:

Carna--a bit harsh. Past the "safe" limit?? Worst was--he'd have to turn in his prognosticating card--that was excessive--beyond the legal limit for punishment--
To add a positive note: He--is tweeking Uconn fans on the boneyard--trying to get the ND, USC, Duke fans lurking to join in and just raise holy haities with the topic. This is fun--to a point!!!

Reaction Score
That's my point. It WASN'T his opinion.
A technical point. "Your right to present them (opinions)" in this forum, only goes as far as the mods allow. There were members who are no longer allowed on this board.

I must have missed the point where this wasnt his opinion!
Oh yes--but they were either demeaning of a recruit or player or political in nature or generally offensive--
This posting about uconn losing 4--meets none of the criterion listed in the Rules.

Reaction Score
As I stated previously that I've learned in 32 years of coaching that anything is possible in sports!
That being said, I have also learned since 1995 that all things being equal don't bet against Geno & UCONN!
In 2 exhibition games so far I have taken in some info/vibes that tell me:
1. This is a tremendously athletic group of players, great team speed and able and willing to do the necessary things to succeed!
2. Even though the competition wasn't top level our girls worked really well together and the only thing they had trouble with IMHO was rotating cover on defense, which I would guess Geno & staff emphasized over the last week!
3. The ladies on this years team are already sick of being told they don't have 3 AA's in Stewie, MoJeff & Morgan and want to show the WCBB world they have some talent also!
4. With the statement above that UCONN will be 0-4 means that 2 of the losses will be to Dayton & LSU, which I would guess by their not being ranked in the top 25 in any real polls are not teeming with athletes or AA candidates, so I'll take the UCONN athletes over both of them! Leaving FSU and Baylor. I think our Huskies have more "players" than FSU has and will win by 15 to 20 points!
Now all we have left is Baylor.
And yes Baylor is a top ranked opponent coached by a really good coach, Kim Mulkey. They have a huge roster, Kalani Brown 6'7"/Khad Cave 6'3"/Lauren Cox 6'4"/Beatrice Mompremier 6'4", an ultra-athletic F, Nina Davis, and 3 pretty good G's in Alexis Jones, Alexis Prince and Kristy Wallace. But they are not a quick or fast team and are still not strong beyond the 3 point line! So they must do their damage inside 12'. Their freshman, Lauren Cox if I'm not mistaken has been their top scorer, and I think Geno has worked out some plans for Miss Cox!
Uconn as I stated is fast and has many weapons both inside and out and I think the Bears will have as much trouble keeping up with the running Huskies attacking from all 5 positions as NYY Pitcher, Joba Chamberlain, had with the "midges" in Cleveland in 2007 both offensively & defensively!
UCONN will win by 5 to 10+ points! Also taking into effect that the game is at Gampel, with 10,061 fans which is worth at least 10 points!
So I respectfully disagree, UCONN will not start 0-4!

Nice analysis!! At one time it was highly touted that the home site advantage was 10 points. For Uconn at ND that may be a tad shy. Normally in the recent past, Uconn players played better in away games. DT and Stewie seemed to thrive on the hostility after they experienced it a few times. I fear ND more than Baylor--but you can't teach all that size.

Reaction Score
4-0 - 50%
3-1 - 30%
2-2 - 15%
1-3 - 5%
0-4 - 0%

Took me a couple of minutes to get familiar with the new math of sets and subsets. The possibility of 0 for 4 is possible the probability is different in the first four games

upload_2016-11-14_14-7-25.jpeg

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Obvious good mojo thread.

I suck, we all suck, and we are doomed with many an O

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed

Reaction Score
Obvious good mojo thread.

I suck, we all suck, and we are doomed with many an O

Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed
I'm sorry to read about your condition---is there a medical cure available? If not I know a great Guru in India who will fix nearly anything for $10,000 plus travel, accommodations, meals it is guaranteed. He'll come back again and again as often as you need--same fees exist.

Reaction Score
Uconn's record after the first four games will be 0 and 4 and two of the losses will be by double figures. However, in time they will play to their potential and end up having a respectable season. Carnac, how about that for a prediction? I think there are those out there who agree with me.
Sure I can agree with this.......0 losses.....4 wins. How many 'those things ya takin', honey?

Reaction Score
I must have missed the point where this wasnt his opinion!
Oh yes--but they were either demeaning of a recruit or player or political in nature or generally offensive--
This posting about uconn losing 4--meets none of the criterion listed in the Rules.

#1 You did miss the point
#2 None of your supplied choices resulted in the permanent banishment of the poster that I have in mind.

Reaction Score
#1 You did miss the point
#2 None of your supplied choices resulted in the permanent banishment of the poster that I have in mind.
Sorry ---I gave up mind reading many eons ago. Maybe you should respond to Carnac --that's his specialty.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Dear Senor Doowop:

Mine is but a voice of one, but I like your style! I disagree (quite STRENUOUSLY) with your opinion, but I definitely like your style. I urge, nay, I implore you to desist from trying to "defend" your post in the face of criticism, and to cease attempts to modify it to satisfy the demands of others.

Naturally, whenever you float an opinion "out there," you have to be willing, and sufficiently thick-skinned, to see it challenged, often vigorously. But our Board is fairly heavily populated with Junior Policeman types who call other posters names (troll?), and who like, independent of the moderators, to weigh in on what is, and what is not appropriate to post here. Stick to your guns!

Respectfully,

La Petunia Grande

P.S. Are you a wagering type?
I don't mind my opinion being challenged. It has been challenged by better posters than rvwsleep. No, I am not one to wager. Thank you Bigpetunia for your response and advice. In reality, I believe Uconn will struggle to score in their first two games and will have to play exceptional defense in order to win. One other thing; I would feel better if this first game was not on the road.

Reaction Score
Nice try how did that work out for you?

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Nice try how did that work out for you?
Now you understand why I made my comments. I just could not see where the offense would come from. I'm very glad I was wrong.

Reaction Score
Well that was a little too close for comfort!
Some things we just learned about our Huskies vintage 2016-2017,
1. Kia Nurse can't play as bad as she did in all facets of the game as she did tonight! So her season is looking up!
2. We've got some girls with the guts of a riverboat gambler!
Great games IMHO from (in no real order)- Natalie Butler, Saniya Chong, Napheesa Collier, KL Samuelson (especially in 2nd 1/2), Except for fouling everyone she possibly could Gabby Williams, & Crystal Dangerfield!
3. Natalie & Saniya especially showed some guts & skill considering they were the most doubted by some BONEYARDERS!
4. It was nice to see the refs were in mid season form!
5. Our defense stunk in 1st 1/2 but really improved in 2nd 1/2!
5. Our Offensive Boards were MIA in 1st 1/2 but improved a little in 2nd 1/2!
7. In Geno's eyes the only freshman not ready for action was Kyla Irwin, maybe it was too fast paced for her?
8. Considering Baylor comes to Storrs on Thursday it was so important that the girls pulled out a tough game on the road, though sloppy at times, you can't buy the experience they got grinding it out and finding a way to win!
9. Ms. Collier is a player! She dominated the game, leaving her imprints all over the court!
10. Both Gabby and Napheesa showed some nice range to their game that they didn't have last year
11. They can't start 0-4, that's a positive!

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Uconn's defense was actually better in the first half. They allowed 29 points in the fourth quarter alone. If they had played the fourth quarter like the other three quarters they would have won by a comfortable margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom