For All Dedicated Uconn Fans/FYI | The Boneyard

For All Dedicated Uconn Fans/FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Uconn's record after the first four games will be 0 and 4 and two of the losses will be by double figures. However, in time they will play to their potential and end up having a respectable season. Carnac, how about that for a prediction? I think there are those out there who agree with me.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Uconn's record after the first four games will be 0 and 4 and two of the losses will be by double figures. However, in time they will play to their potential and end up having a respectable season. Carnac, how about that for a prediction? I think there are those out there who agree with me.
Not a one.

Reaction Score
Sure hope you didn't bet the mortgage money on that 0-4 fantasy. My guess is 3-1, or 4-0.

Reaction Score
As I stated previously that I've learned in 32 years of coaching that anything is possible in sports!
That being said, I have also learned since 1995 that all things being equal don't bet against Geno & UCONN!
In 2 exhibition games so far I have taken in some info/vibes that tell me:
1. This is a tremendously athletic group of players, great team speed and able and willing to do the necessary things to succeed!
2. Even though the competition wasn't top level our girls worked really well together and the only thing they had trouble with IMHO was rotating cover on defense, which I would guess Geno & staff emphasized over the last week!
3. The ladies on this years team are already sick of being told they don't have 3 AA's in Stewie, MoJeff & Morgan and want to show the WCBB world they have some talent also!
4. With the statement above that UCONN will be 0-4 means that 2 of the losses will be to Dayton & LSU, which I would guess by their not being ranked in the top 25 in any real polls are not teeming with athletes or AA candidates, so I'll take the UCONN athletes over both of them! Leaving FSU and Baylor. I think our Huskies have more "players" than FSU has and will win by 15 to 20 points!
Now all we have left is Baylor.
And yes Baylor is a top ranked opponent coached by a really good coach, Kim Mulkey. They have a huge roster, Kalani Brown 6'7"/Khad Cave 6'3"/Lauren Cox 6'4"/Beatrice Mompremier 6'4", an ultra-athletic F, Nina Davis, and 3 pretty good G's in Alexis Jones, Alexis Prince and Kristy Wallace. But they are not a quick or fast team and are still not strong beyond the 3 point line! So they must do their damage inside 12'. Their freshman, Lauren Cox if I'm not mistaken has been their top scorer, and I think Geno has worked out some plans for Miss Cox!
Uconn as I stated is fast and has many weapons both inside and out and I think the Bears will have as much trouble keeping up with the running Huskies attacking from all 5 positions as NYY Pitcher, Joba Chamberlain, had with the "midges" in Cleveland in 2007 both offensively & defensively!
UCONN will win by 5 to 10+ points! Also taking into effect that the game is at Gampel, with 10,061 fans which is worth at least 10 points!
So I respectfully disagree, UCONN will not start 0-4!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Huh, donalddoowop, two observations here:
There is no way UConn starts the season 0-4. They'll win tomorrow night. The envelope sez: UConn 70- FSU 55. Gabby records the season's first double-double. Collier and Samuelson also finish with double digit scores.

2. For safety's sake, not to mention your credibility here in the yard, you have gone way beyond the "safe" boundary limits of that limb you're standing on. You're on record of
predicting UConn going 0-4. I'm of the opinion that UConn has a better chance of going 4-0, than 0-4.

You own that prediction. If you're wrong, and I think you are, your credibility will take a massive blow, and the board regulars will take note. A couple more like that, (if you're wrong), you'll have to turn in your "seer/prognosticating" card, and and your fan card, be put on probation, and go dark for a while. No one will take you seriously. I don't know who or where you've been getting your information from, but Sir, you've been misinformed. Please report back here after the Dayton game (4th game), so that your predictions can be assessed. :cool:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
You are all alone with that prediction. Can you say 4-0, I can, and I do. Your title says "For all dedicated UConn fans", but you can't be a true fan, because you wouldn't make that prediction if you were.
Baylor - Will wish they hadn't asked to play UConn again.
Notre Dame - Muffet McGraw is going to wish she hadn't ran her mouth so much.
Maryland - Brenda Frese and the Terps are going to learn, UConn do not lower their standard for no one.
South Carolina - Dawn Staley will learn, she should have stayed quiet or she should have given a positive response. Dawn Staley and the Gamecocks will be reminded, UConn do not lower their standard for no one.

I know Notre Dame; Maryland and South Carolina are not one of the first four teams UConn will face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
To donalddoowop- you definitely march to a different drummer. Either you are trying to be unduly provocative or you are simply out of your mind. I'll let the collective Boneyard wisdom determine which option fits.

Reaction Score

hillary20clinton.jpg
"Eh....your last prediction had me winning in a landslide?"

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
QUOTE="RSHERMVIKES, post: 1887564, member: 2251"]The ladies on this years team are already sick of being told they don't have 3 AA's in Stewie, MoJeff & Morgan and want to show the WCBB world they have some talent also![/QUOTE]
upload_2016-11-14_8-15-5.png
This is your team.

Attachments

• upload_2016-11-14_8-13-5.png
    upload_2016-11-14_8-13-5.png
    54 KB · Views: 19
Reaction Score
Uconn hasn't lost back to back games in over 2 decades and you have them losing 4 in a row? They will lose their first game at ND in overtime.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Don't get so hostile. I just wanted to see how realistic some of your expectations are. I'm not being negative I'm being realistic. Uconn won't lose four in a row but there are posters on here who stated they will lose at least 4 games this year. Is that being negative? I hope they go undefeated. Now that is being positive but not realistic for THIS season.

Reaction Score
Don't get so hostile. I just wanted to see how realistic some of your expectations are. I'm not being negative I'm being realistic. Uconn won't lose four in a row but there are posters on here who stated they will lose at least 4 games this year. Is that being negative? I hope they go undefeated. Now that is being positive but not realistic for THIS season.

????
In you initial post, you state that they will lose their first four games. In a following post you say that UCONN won't lose 4 games in a row and that you just wanted to see how realistic some of our expectations are.
So your initial post was made to draw a reaction. If you aren't aware of it, that's the very definition of trolling.
Totally unnecessary. If you want to know what the expectations are on this board, on any subject, just ask. No need to troll.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
????
In you initial post, you state that they will lose their first four games. In a following post you say that UCONN won't lose 4 games in a row and that you just wanted to see how realistic some of our expectations are.
So your initial post was made to draw a reaction. If you aren't aware of it, that's the very definition of trolling.
Totally unnecessary. If you want to know what the expectations are on this board, on any subject, just ask. No need to troll.
Well, excuse me. I'm sure there has never been any other post on here to draw a reaction! You take some things too seriously. Relax.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Too bad your parents won't let you stay up and watch Monday's game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom