OT: - For a limited time, coming to a city near you | The Boneyard

OT: For a limited time, coming to a city near you

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
KFC Kentucky Fried Chicken & Donuts sandwich and basket coming to restaurants nationwide

KFC is bringing fried chicken and doughnuts to the masses.

After a successful pilot last fall in select Virginia and Pittsburgh restaurants, the Louisville-based fast-food chain announced Thursday that the limited-time Kentucky Fried Chicken & Donuts will be released starting Monday, Feb. 24 at participating restaurants nationwide.

The sweet and savory meals are available as a sandwich – a chicken fillet between two warm glazed donuts – or as a basket with choice of tenders or bone-in chicken with one or two donuts depending on the meal.

snoopy_happy_dance.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That's just not right.

Yeah... it would be better if it were a nice juicy burger between the donuts..... but fried chicken is the next best thing.

Reaction Score
Hmm... Might have to up the statin dosage for that.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
KFC Kentucky Fried Chicken & Donuts sandwich and basket coming to restaurants nationwide

KFC is bringing fried chicken and doughnuts to the masses.

After a successful pilot last fall in select Virginia and Pittsburgh restaurants, the Louisville-based fast-food chain announced Thursday that the limited-time Kentucky Fried Chicken & Donuts will be released starting Monday, Feb. 24 at participating restaurants nationwide.

The sweet and savory meals are available as a sandwich – a chicken fillet between two warm glazed donuts – or as a basket with choice of tenders or bone-in chicken with one or two donuts depending on the meal.

View attachment 51065

Awesome! My two favorites together at last. Can't believe no one gave you a "like" till now.
Now where are my XXXXL sweatpants.

Reaction Score
When I saw this I thought of two people - Anna and triad. I wonder why triad came to mind;)

FAT THURSDAYThousands of Paczki Made for Fat Thursday
“They’re just soft and the filling is so nice and sweet. It’s delicious,” said Sandra Lilienthal, a customer from Meriden.
By Jennifer Joas • Published February 20, 2020 • Updated on February 20, 2020 at 6:48
You’ve probably heard of Fat Tuesday, but what about Fat Thursday?
The staff inside Roly Poly Bakery on Main Street in New Britain was bustling on Thursday making thousands of Polish doughnuts known as paczki.
“We anticipate to make anywhere between 14,000 and 15,000 pieces. It depends. We’ll fry them as we go and see where the demand takes us,” said Remi Szupryczynski, the owner of Roly Poly Bakery.
The staff started making the paczki around 9 p.m. on Wednesday night and Szupryczynski anticipates they will continue frying until 6 p.m. Thursday night to keep up with the demand. It is all part of the Polish tradition known as “Fat Thursday” where people indulge before the start of Lent.
Flavors like raspberry and boston crème had dozens of customers lining up.
“Oh they’re just soft and the filling is so nice and sweet. It’s delicious,” said Sandra Lilienthal, a customer from Meriden. “They’re just fantastic and my daughter at her school, she’s a teacher in Meriden and she’s the one who said you have to go pick up some for school for me. So that’s why we’re here.”

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
When I saw this I thought of two people - Anna and triad. I wonder why triad came to mind;)

FAT THURSDAYThousands of Paczki Made for Fat Thursday
“They’re just soft and the filling is so nice and sweet. It’s delicious,” said Sandra Lilienthal, a customer from Meriden.
By Jennifer Joas • Published February 20, 2020 • Updated on February 20, 2020 at 6:48
You’ve probably heard of Fat Tuesday, but what about Fat Thursday?
The staff inside Roly Poly Bakery on Main Street in New Britain was bustling on Thursday making thousands of Polish doughnuts known as paczki.
“We anticipate to make anywhere between 14,000 and 15,000 pieces. It depends. We’ll fry them as we go and see where the demand takes us,” said Remi Szupryczynski, the owner of Roly Poly Bakery.
The staff started making the paczki around 9 p.m. on Wednesday night and Szupryczynski anticipates they will continue frying until 6 p.m. Thursday night to keep up with the demand. It is all part of the Polish tradition known as “Fat Thursday” where people indulge before the start of Lent.
Flavors like raspberry and boston crème had dozens of customers lining up.
“Oh they’re just soft and the filling is so nice and sweet. It’s delicious,” said Sandra Lilienthal, a customer from Meriden. “They’re just fantastic and my daughter at her school, she’s a teacher in Meriden and she’s the one who said you have to go pick up some for school for me. So that’s why we’re here.”

I'm happy to report, per Instagram, that, although they didn't seem to be from the Roly Poly Bakery, Batouly hooked Anna up with doughnuts for Fat Thursday. :)

Reaction Score
The only things that belongs on a doughnut are sugar, coconut, icing of any type (preferably warm), your choice of nuts, sprinkles, and surrounded by your mouth. I will never be able to unsee that photo of chicken on a doughnut.

Jelly in a doughnut?

Now that I can't do View attachment 51078 View attachment 51078 View attachment 51078
[/QUOTE]

I'm happy to report, per Instagram, that, although they didn't seem to be from the Roly Poly Bakery, Batouly hooked Anna up with doughnuts for Fat Thursday. :)
Triad, surely civilization has come to some parts of North Carolina. I've eaten spudnuts (a very close second to Krispy Kreme) down there and used to walk Atlantic Beach with a large cup of shrimp and hushpuppies. Heaven is a Pazcki with lots of powdered sugar on the top and bottom, taking a bite and having the lemon filling some squirting out while you try to gobble it all up.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I apologize... I'm a little late on this one... but my goodness.....:eek:

Krispy Kreme Launches Butterfinger Doughnuts

The Butterfinger Original Filled Doughnut is an Original Glazed doughnut filled with Peanut Butter Chocolate Kreme, dipped in Butterfinger icing and topped with Butterfingerpieces and a chocolate drizzle.

The Butterfinger Fudge Cake Doughnut features a rich chocolate cake doughnut dipped in chocolate icing, topped with a Peanut Butter Chocolate Kreme and Butterfinger pieces.

squirrel.jpg

Reaction Score
I think I'll pass on the Krispy Kreme and KFC thank you. Bring on the Puczkis. Back in my CT days a guy I worked with would bring them to the office and I then discovered my Waldbaum's supermarket in W. Hartford carried a very good version of them. I could eat several right now.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
View attachment 51079 The only place ketchup belongs is on top of fried potatoes

How about in barbecue sauce? Or are you from the part of NC that doesn't do tomato in BBQ sauce?

Personally, I don't start with ketchup, I do all the mixing from base ingredients. No prepared mustard either, only the ground seed.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How about in barbecue sauce? Or are you from the part of NC that doesn't do tomato in BBQ sauce?

Personally, I don't start with ketchup, I do all the mixing from base ingredients. No prepared mustard either, only the ground seed.

Im from the part that incorporates ketchup in bbq sauce... though I prefer the eastern style....

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Im from the part that incorporates ketchup in bbq sauce... though I prefer the eastern style....

If you can point me to a good recipe for the eastern stuff, I'd love it. Many years ago a friend, who was from Danville, but whose mother was from NC, made some of the best grilled chicken I've had. He told me what was in the sauce, but I've never been able to duplicate it. I lost touch with him 30 years ago, and I've never found anything like it online.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
this is not 'food.' what it is, I don't know, and I don't want to know. no wonder so many posts in this place are filled with doctor talk. here, have sum freshly made cookie dough, with hints of garlic and goose pate, topped with a lovely hollandaise sauce, and dressed with a vintage wd-40. early september '18 I believe. that was a very good week for motor oil, too.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Chicken between two glaze donuts??
The PC crowd, are they aware of this artery clogging 860 calories monstrosity?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom