Football today! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Football today!

Reaction Score
How’s the attendance?
I thought the attendance was great. Maybe 5K to 6K? Most fun blue-white I have been to since 2010.

I base that on those present at the half or so. Thinking the pix that show sparcity were taken early.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

You also have Atkins and Freeborn out and not in today’s rotation...
It’s a major issue - please don’t rossy colored glasses this DL deficiency.
I predict Randy will move a redshirt OL player to defense - either the kid from FL or DC. Jones will have to ramp up fast.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Tarbutt was my mvp today with hitting a 54 and 46 yard field goal with ease.

The offensive player is Pindell who looked the part throwing and running the ball.

Defense could be a few players.
I like what Eddie Hahn, Fortt, and Coyle all looked good and are a solid foundation for the upcoming season.

The offensive line needs work but not sure if that was the defense doing things or the line not picking up the pass rushers.

I can't wait till August 30th and ucf.

C

Chief00

Tarbutt was my mvp today with hitting a 54 and 46 yard field goal with ease.

The offensive player is Pindell who looked the part throwing and running the ball.

Defense could be a few players.
I like what Eddie Hahn, Fortt, and Coyle all looked good and are a solid foundation for the upcoming season.

The offensive line needs work but not sure if that was the defense doing things or the line not picking up the pass rushers.

I can't wait till August 30th and ucf.

#ChiefInsight
Generally, the further from the line of scrimmage your defensive MVP is - the greater the problem the defense has in execution.

C

Chief00

If he was going to move Holmes or Hubbard from OL to DL why wait till summer camp?

Maybe the kid from New London has surprised on the upside but more importantly they need size with some athletic ability. We will be asking a lot of Jones early - which is tough for a freshman.

Reaction Score
Nino Leone certainly has the size to play nose guard, i'd be interested to see him lineup on D.

My guess is we will recruit two more D linemen before August.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And if DE is obviously the weaker of the two spots, why move one of two guys who are obviously not sized to play anything other than NT?

I think the more likely scenario is they redouble their efforts to get a DL Juco and/or late season transfer for DE. Just one guy could be a big help.

Otherwise, we have four DL kids coming in and perhaps 3 of the 4 see snaps this year. I like the long term potential of DeVaughn (highest of the four perhaps), but size/strength wise maybe Pace and Uguak could be more ready now.

Maybe by game four this fall the DL two deep is:
DE: Uguak / Atkins
NT: Thomas / Jones or Murphy
DE: Pace or Freeborn / Okounam.

Reaction Score
I think Mike is spot on w/ attendance (maybe a tad low but not much):

Reaction Score
It’s a major issue - please don’t rossy colored glasses this DL deficiency.
I predict Randy will move a redshirt OL player to defense - either the kid from FL or DC. Jones will have to ramp up fast.
Defensive line and the linebackers will be last year's secondary, a lot of freshman. Jones, Pierce, and Uguak will start, or see major pt, as will Kevon Jones at LB, Hunter Webb. Maybe some grad transfers? Is Levenberry on the roster?

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I was not at the game today...decided to ski in Vermont one more time this year instead.

• Did anyone notice anything about our corners? Any better?
  • Did they do kick off returns or punt returns and if so, did we see anything significant there?
  • McAfee - what did we see with him?
  • Donovan Williams, did he have any action?
  • How was overall team speed?
  • How was the D on tackling?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32