Football Rumor Mill | The Boneyard

Football Rumor Mill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well, perhaps coincidentally, in today's CourantDez wrote this (somewhat vague) line:
The "transition year" after Edsall to Pasqualoni has gone as expected, but there already are whispers from inside the program that Pasqualoni will be changing more things soon, likely beginning with spring practice. Still, UConn and Pasqualoni were going to have to get through this season, the transition year, first.

So that could be changes to gameplanning, or you could interpret that to mean changes to the coaching staff or something else.

Reaction Score
Without question, I see definite changes to our coaching staff.. WR coach and RB have to be near or at the top of the list...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
exactly. P brought who he wanted with him to get through the year but this year was him weeding out players and staff members from the Randy days. the future is bright, but some here don't see it for some reason.

Reaction Score
Not only is the staff light on people with whom P had a prior relationship, it is in someways over-experienced, and thus more of an economic drain, than can probably continue. Morehead is being paid too much not to be an OC. Hank Hughes is being paid too much to not be the de facto DC, and to not be a confidant of the Head Coach. And having Foley coach the OL is a real luxury.

In addition to replacing some of the less experienced FHCRE holdovers, I expect some changes with the more experienced and expensive holdovers as well.

Reaction Score
I'd hate to lose Hughes and Foley. They are the reasons we compete in the trenches like we do. Hughes in particular, has done a terrific job with the dlinemen. Year after year, and this goes back to Mulcahy and Bushey, the Dline has held its own regardless of opponent. I dread that Foley will end up at Rutgers when they can their horrible Oline coach, because with Deleone on board, he may seek to be the main oline coach again, and we all know Foley is a northeast guy.

Reaction Score
I'd hate to lose Hughes and Foley. They are the reasons we compete in the trenches like we do. Hughes in particular, has done a terrific job with the dlinemen. Year after year, and this goes back to Mulcahy and Bushey, the Dline has held its own regardless of opponent. I dread that Foley will end up at Rutgers when they can their horrible Oline coach, because with Deleone on board, he may seek to be the main oline coach again, and we all know Foley is a northeast guy.

Of the three, I would least like to lose Foley, then Hughes, then Morehead (although none of us really know the contributions --we just think we do from snippets). But the staff unfortunately probably needs to get cheaper, and from a recruiting standpoint it will probably help to be younger (it's fine to have some experience but we have a disproportionate amount of older coaches). But, P will do what P thinks is best, and I'll just hope it works.

Reaction Score
With Deleone here, the need for Moorhead is diminished somewhat. I thought his offense looked good year one, but was reigned in last year. Unless there is a plan for him replace Deleone in the next couple seasons, I'd be shocked if he came back. It is an older staff, and I agree that we need a couple of young dynamic recruiters. I would hope those changes could come from the WR/DB coaches and not the OL/DL coaches.

Reaction Score
Perkins is the safety coach and would be the only DB coach as Brown coaches CBs. Perkins has recruited Florida quite well and is a young coach that can relate to the 17 & 18 year olds. The obvious coach to go would be Cersosimo at WR. If they are shifting to more 3-4 next year, maybe it would be a good time to get a new DL coach to replace Hughes.

Reaction Score
Cesorisimo isn't going anywhere I don't think. the Connecticut high school coaches would scream bloody murder and Pasqualoni doesn't want that. Plus he's the recruiting coordinator. I always thought Moorehaed was a potential MAC head coach. I also would hate to lose Foley or Hughes, since I think our lines have just been our strengths and these two guys have been major contributors. You also have to wonder if someone is being groomed to take over for Deleone eventually. But Pasqualoni arrived pretty late last year so many guys were already committed. Even the one he added might not be the one he most wanted. I wouldn't be too surprized to see several changes.

Reaction Score
Moorehead might be going back to Akron to be the HC
Hope Moorehead gets the gig... which will leave the QB coaching job open all over again for us... With Coach P here now instead of Edsall, that might be a good thing ... we need a Coach P guy at that spot as well...

Reaction Score
Cesorisimo isn't going anywhere I don't think. the Connecticut high school coaches would scream bloody murder and Pasqualoni doesn't want that. Plus he's the recruiting coordinator. I always thought Moorehaed was a potential MAC head coach. I also would hate to lose Foley or Hughes, since I think our lines have just been our strengths and these two guys have been major contributors. You also have to wonder if someone is being groomed to take over for Deleone eventually. But Pasqualoni arrived pretty late last year so many guys were already committed. Even the one he added might not be the one he most wanted. I wouldn't be too surprized to see several changes.

Riddle me this... why do these CT head coaches have so much pull or say so in the matter? I don't understand it..

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Cersosimo may find a way to hang on at another position but I will be surprised if we don't have a new WR's coach here next season.

I like Perkins (high energy, good attitude, has been a pretty good recruiter) but I believe that the plan when white was brought in was to make him our DB's coach (although I would prefer he coaches LB's) beginning next season.

I believe that we will end up with new coaches on both lines even though each has been a very good (great for Foley) coach for us in the past.

I could see up to six or seven new assistants next season. I will be surprised if there aren't at least three or four new ones.

Reaction Score
(although none of us really know the contributions --we just think we do from snippets).

Coach P was very clear today on wtic regarding how valuable each coach is and their ability to teach. I think it's safe to say we know thei contribution.

Reaction Score
I believe that the plan when white was brought in was to make him our DB's coach (although I would prefer he coaches LB's) beginning next season.

I can't see White coaching DBs.. No way... He's our special teams coach and he played the LB position not only in college but in the NFL and coached the position a few years BEFORE coming to Storrs... I see him as our LB coach in the future... and we get a real RB coach in the process...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I can't see White coaching DBs.. No way... He's our special teams coach and he played the LB position not only in college but in the NFL and coached the position a few years BEFORE coming to Storrs... I see him as our LB coach in the future... and we get a real RB coach in the process...
The great majority of his coaching career has been as a DB coach. RE was a QB in HS & at Cuse but spent most of his time as an assistant coach as a DB coach. Urban Meyer played safety at Cincinnati but all of his time coaching was as an offensive (WR, QB, OC) coach.

Reaction Score
Cesorisimo isn't going anywhere I don't think. the Connecticut high school coaches would scream bloody murder and Pasqualoni doesn't want that. Plus he's the recruiting coordinator.

Do you want to play big boy football or not? Who gives a damn if dad and grandpa are/were HS football coaches in West Hartford. He has coached a position that has been the weakest and has shown the least player development than any position on the team. He has had decent athletes and little or nothing to show for it. Cersosimo doesn't get a lifetime job because of his dad and grandpa. He can go coach in West Hartford if he wants a job.

As far as him being the recruiting coordinator.....The recruiting coordinator doesn't get recruits. He coordinates visits and deals with some of the recruiting logistics for the other coaches. It is important, but is always just a side job for a chosen position coach. Between Brown, DeLeone, Pasqualoni, Hughes, Foley, Perkins, Moorhead and others I don't think UConn has to worry about losing Cersosimo as a recruiting coordinator

Reaction Score
I say Cersosimo, Perkins, and Wholley are replaced, with Foley the wild card. Wholley is replaced by White and P hires a new rb coach, wr coach and db/safties coach. As far as Cersosimo's recruiting coordinator duties go he also sets up the big board in terms of targeting which recruits we go after and assigns coaches their recruiting territory. Who cares about the Ct hs coaches. They got who they wanted in the top spot, and at oc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom