Football noobie - The Rent seating advice | The Boneyard

Football noobie - The Rent seating advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Hi all. I frequent the basketball board and go to a lot of basketball games. This is one of my first posts here on the football board and I'm trying to support the football team more this year than simply following the score on my phone.

Looking to get some cheap seats for the BYU game. I am a recent uconn alumnus and have an older student ID (old logo). Will I be able to get into the student section if I can manage to find a student-section ticket? Do they check IDs? If so, could I buy a student ticket for my girlfriend (non-uconn student) and get her in the student section with me?

If I can't do student section tickets, is stubhub best bet for cheap non-student tickets?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. If I can't snag student section tickets, I'll buy 'em legit. Thanks all.

Last edited:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm too old to try to sneak into the student section so I don't know about that. But you can go to uconntickets.com and enter promo code FILLTHERENT for discounted $20 tickets for the BYU game.

Also, kudos to you for supporting the football team - UConn needs to bring in bball fans to... uh... FILLTHERENT as much as possible to help all the athletics programs!

Reaction Score
No idea how they check student ID's but there are $20 tickets you can buy online using the promo code FILLTHERENT. I much prefer seats in the upper deck at the Rent. Gives you a much better perspective.

Welcome aboard. Glad you are investing in the football program.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Young Alum season tix are like 120 bucks do itttttttttttt

This. In addition the seats are pretty close to the action ( just above and behind the student section).

Reaction Score
They check student ID's at the gate so I assume you need an up to date ID, but inside the stadium you should be able to view the game with the students if that is where you want to be and still look the part. Go for the $20 txs.

UChusky916

Reaction Score
They check student ID's at the gate so I assume you need an up to date ID, but inside the stadium you should be able to view the game with the students if that is where you want to be and still look the part. Go for the $20 txs.

Is it possible I could buy the $20 general tickets and sit in the student section? I have a baby face and certainly look the part of a student.

Reaction Score
Is it possible I could buy the $20 general tickets and sit in the student section? I have a baby face and certainly look the part of a student.
Yep, kids are on the move all game long and I've walked in their area for a few plays after trips to the head or concession and my baby face is long gone.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
YYYEEEEEEESSSSSS!!! One state. One school. One fanbase. #HuskyUp

Dooley

Reaction Score
Young alumni tickets are honestly the best deal that the ticket office promotes.

Reaction Score
You likely won't be able to get into the student section in sections 109-112 as they usually do check ID's there however another general admission area which is also part of the student section but not enforced is sections 105-108. I've done that many times without any problems.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score

You'll probably be able to get into the stadium with your old ID, as the staff at the Rent are part-time locals from East Hartford rather than actual Uconn employees. I do know that for big games, especially in conference play later in the season, they will have security at the top of the student section, making sure only students get down there. Historically they only do this when the stadium is full, I'd expect this to be the case Friday. Either way, it's worth a shot. Good luck and have fun!

UChusky916

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions. Will be going with the $20 promotion for Friday. I want to do the Young Alumni season tickets but the only option for delivery is US Mail and I'm afraid I wouldnt get them for Friday's game. Will be buying Young Alumni season tickets next year.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Student season tickets are now on our student ID's therefore there is no actual ticket anymore. Helps with people forgetting them on campus.

Reaction Score
Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions. Will be going with the $20 promotion for Friday. I want to do the Young Alumni season tickets but the only option for delivery is US Mail and I'm afraid I wouldnt get them for Friday's game. Will be buying Young Alumni season tickets next year.
I'm pretty sure if you buy young alumni you can pick up the BYU ticket at will call. They wouldn't lock you out of a game because you bought too close to a game.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure if you buy young alumni you can pick up the BYU ticket at will call. They wouldn't lock you out of a game because you bought too close to a game.

Agree. Or electronic tickets are an option too. But either way, have fun on Friday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom