Football Drags on UConn’s Power 5 Ambitions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Football Drags on UConn’s Power 5 Ambitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Location of Big 12 schools:

2000px-Big_12_Conference_Map.svg.png

Uhh...yeah. Obviously. We even have maps here in the northeast, and in my case, I spent three years of law school in Lawrence. Waco, Lubbock and Manhattan are the furthest from a major airport.

Reaction Score
Uhh...yeah. Obviously. We even have maps here in the northeast, and in my case, I spent three years of law school in Lawrence. Waco, Lubbock and Manhattan are the furthest from a major airport.

What are you trying to say?
All I am trying to point out here is the fact that Big 12 schools are not "thousands" of miles apart like what someone posted upthread. And they are not difficult to get to, not even for a remote school like WVU. Btw, Lubbock does have an international airport.
Do you think I don't know everyone has access to maps? Like this one:
American-Athletic-Conference-Map-dmn2.ashx

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What are you trying to say here?
All I am trying to point out here is the fact that Big 12 schools are not "thousands" of miles apart like what someone posted upthread.
Do you think I don't know everyone has access to maps? Like this one:
American-Athletic-Conference-Map-dmn2.ashx

For UConn the travel isn't much different. Once you get on a plane, you are on a plane. We can't drive to any games now. The only question is: how far is the school from the airport. Most of the AAC schools (being urban universities) are in major cities, very close to airports. ECU is really the only exception. The Big XII has a few that aren't near major airports.

Reaction Score
For UConn the travel isn't much different. Once you get on a plane, you are on a plane. We can't drive to any games now. The only question is: how far is the school from the airport. Most of the AAC schools (being urban universities) are in major cities, very close to airports. ECU is really the only exception. The Big XII has a few that aren't near major airports.

Isn't it ironic that the AAC schools (being the urban universities that they are) are not in any power conference? UH, located in the nation's 4th largest city, will never be a member of the Big 12 or the SEC.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Isn't it ironic that the AAC schools (being the urban universities that they are) are not in any power conference? UH, located in the nation's 4th largest city, will never be a member of the Big 12 or the SEC.

Maybe that's why they're attractive to the AAC? Because they're going to be there a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom