Football donations are so pathetic that | The Boneyard

Football donations are so pathetic that

Reaction Score
Rowing and golf raised more in 2019. Pathetic
Fans have a part too

I don’t mean to start another negative thread but if the media gets wind of this it’s a legit beef to have.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Rowing and golf raised more in 2019. Pathetic
Fans have a part too

People view their season tickets as donations for football. I'm not fully excusing the situation - the football admins need to up their game.

Reaction Score
I doubt those figures include the required seat donations for season tickets or the facilities charges. Attendance may be way down, but a few hundred chairback tickets generate more than that figure. I suspect those are foundation donations where the donor specified a sport as the recipient.

Reaction Score
I doubt those figures include the required seat donations for season tickets. Attendance may be way down, but a few hundred chairback tickets generate more than that figure. I suspect those are foundation donations where the donor specified a sport as the recipient.
UConn accounting department almost tries to make it seem like we are in the worst possible shape. Nevertheless, to be donating a 1/7 of basketball even if it’s not including seat donations is pretty bad. I’m assuming all sports don’t count the seat donations.

Reaction Score
I would agree it doesn’t count the seat donations and donations to renovation at Burton complex. I would also like to know the total UCADF assets at the Foundation and the income generated off them.

Reaction Score
You can see the sarcasm in that. But UConn received a Million dollar donation in 2019 so that makes no sense

A couple guesses:
  • The donation was not booked until FY 19-20
  • The donation from Fraser is in the $3 million additional donation $ that is considered "not allocated"
  • The donation is booked somewhere else on the AD or university books
    • This spreadsheet only includes direct fundraising through the AD and Fraser's and/or other donations were made through UConn Foundation, which is a private entity that I believe doesn't need to publicly report this type of information (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this)
Some wild guesses but honestly who knows.

Reaction Score
You can see the sarcasm in that. But UConn received a Million dollar donation in 2019 so that makes no sense

From the NCAA FRS (assuming definitions haven't changed since filed:

Input contributions provided and used by athletics in the reporting year including:
• Amounts received from individuals, corporations, associations, foundations, clubs or other organizations designated for the operations of the athletics program.
• Funds contributed by outside contributors for the payment of debt service, lease payments or rental fee expenses for athletic facilities in the reporting year.
• Amounts received above face value for tickets. Contributions shall include cash and marketable securities.

Do not report:
• Pledges until funds are provided to athletics for use.
• Contributions to be used in other reporting years.

*Soccer and Baseball make sense since they were actively fundraising for new facilities

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This university continues to shoot itself in the foot from an accounting standpoint. Between booking donations to scholarships, it is appears the athletic department was the catch all for all the other ills until the deficit caught everyone's attention. Now everyone is out with the pitchforks so let's see if the AD David Benedict can get some of the accounting stuff turned.

Reaction Score
From the NCAA FRS (assuming definitions haven't changed since filed:

Input contributions provided and used by athletics in the reporting year including:
• Amounts received from individuals, corporations, associations, foundations, clubs or other organizations designated for the operations of the athletics program.
• Funds contributed by outside contributors for the payment of debt service, lease payments or rental fee expenses for athletic facilities in the reporting year.
• Amounts received above face value for tickets. Contributions shall include cash and marketable securities.

Do not report:
• Pledges until funds are provided to athletics for use.
• Contributions to be used in other reporting years.

*Soccer and Baseball make sense since they were actively fundraising for new facilities

AHHH...Could the $1 million be a pledge?

Reaction Score
Well, the locker room is finished so it’s more likely a report timing issue (I can’t remember if the NCAA FRS reporting is calendar year or fiscal year - might be either as long as it’s consistent year to year.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Here, let me write the lead in sentence for the next UConn Football hit job that you know is coming:

"UConn paid out more in bonus money to Head Coach Randy Edsall in their 2-10 season last year than they received in total donations from Football donors for the entire year"

Reaction Score
“Contributions to be used in other reporting years” What does that mean? Plus in all
The deficit reporting I have never seen donations as a source of income.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
These are really interesting:

1592001941053.png

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom