Food Drive = Getting A Signed Geno Auriemma Ball | The Boneyard

Food Drive = Getting A Signed Geno Auriemma Ball

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
They were having a food drive today at the UConn-USF game and knowing what is happening in the news that food banks really need food for even more reasons. I did my research and printed a list of the best things to get for food drives. Something you may not know about me is when UConn women's basketball is involved I sometimes go a little overboard. Anyways I left extra early for today's game to go grocery shopping. The shopping cart was filled with the things that were on the list and even read the ingredients making sure the food was healthy like canned fruit in 100% juice not in syrup etc. Drove to the XL Center and dropped the food off and thought that would be it. Went to wait in line to go into the game and I was left with a good feeling.
Before halftime someone showed up at my seat and asked me to come with them for a presentation on court. While waiting she told me because of donation they would be giving me autograph Geno Auriemma and two tickets to a future game. Went on the court holding the ball with a big smile. All this on top of enjoying seeing the UConn women play. Life is good. The ironic thing is I was so busy with the food drive I did not remember to eat lunch.
50822338_2199768340081414_2487962030724612096_o.jpg

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I was a furloughed Fed for five weeks. People have done some incredibly nice things for us, and I am so thankful. I am a bit of a misanthrope, but even I recognize that as a whole, people are really nice.

Good on you, Danny!

Reaction Score
We were there to see the presentation to you Danny. Fantastic! You’re a great person to do that. And the signed ball seems like the perfect way to recognize you. Thank You!

Reaction Score
I can't believe Geno approved giving you a signed ball after you outed him on his AEH comments. What a forgiving Italian!

And you forgot lunch?? No WONDER you're so skinny!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Great job Danny. I noticed on TV that near halftime you were in the "tunnel" area. I thought maybe you were just trying to get some pictures of the team heading into the locker room.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom