OT: - Folk and Acoustic: Post Your Favorite Artists, Groups, and Songs | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Folk and Acoustic: Post Your Favorite Artists, Groups, and Songs

Reaction Score
Crosby and Nash - The Lee Shore, live.

I think these two, on this day, just sounded impossibly beautiful. A young David Crosby - his voice is strong, distinct, and just wonderful.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great point Jack, they certainly have done some great acoustic stuff over the years. one of my fav acoustic pieces from them:

Here's what my AI companion says about the song:

"Lost Sailor" is a song by the Grateful Dead about a one-eyed sailor's journey through a demon fog and the hope for redemption and triumph at the end. The song includes lyrics such as "You're lost sailor. You've been too long at sea", "Some days the gales are howling. Some days the sea is still as glass", and "There's a ghost wind blowin' It's calling you to that misty swirling sea".

Reaction Score
Only Jerry Garcia ventured off into that great piece of work...and the blue grass was second to none...great album

Old & In the Way​

Vassar Clements - fiddle
Jerry Garcia - banjo, vocals
David Grisman - mandolin, vocals
John Kahn - acoustic bass
Peter Rowan - guitar, vocals
Jerry playing banjo. Isn't that marvelous! He also played steel guitar. The steel guitar you hear on the recording of "Teach Your Children" by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young is Jerry himself. (Uncredited, I believe.) Per the Interweb, "He did it in exchange for them helping the Grateful Dead improve their vocal harmony."

Reaction Score
There's just something about this song...

Rhiannon Giddens is a national treasure. She was awarded one of the MacArthur Genius Awards, plus a Pulitzer. And she studied opera in college. And she plays fiddle, banjo, and more. Here's another sample of her work:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom