Foley, Knappe and the OLine | The Boneyard

Foley, Knappe and the OLine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Line has improved dramatically the past two games. Knappe had a couple of plays where he pulled as the RT and sealed the left edge on those read option runs.

The improvement in play by the line is exactly what most of us expected from being coached by Foley. Compared to five weeks ago, the players are picking up blitzes and there are way fewer plays where defenders come in untouched.

Also, part of Johnson getting the touches as an RB is him picking up blitzes. For a true freshman he does a very good job of identifying and squaring up his man on pass plays. Perfect? Heck no. But he's very good for a frosh.

Reaction Score
The o-line did a fantastic job today! Limited the mistakes and didn't shoot themselves in the foot at key times in the game. You can call holding on every down if you want so I'm not concerned with the few that were called against us, because the effect was minimized by great all around play! VERY pleased with the O-Lines effort!!

Reaction Score
Knappe looks like a different player. He has gone from complete liability to dependable asset in a span of 4 games.
He is a good athlete for such a big man. I watched him on a couple of plays today and you are right, his footwork is almost night and day.

I really like Levy's progress on the other side as well. They look like two guys who can be bookends for us as we go forward.

The oline has shown some flashes of competence prior to today, but in this game it looked like it is really coming together. Can't wait to see how they do next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom