Floyd reclassing to this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Floyd reclassing to this year?

Reaction Score
If he shows up early, I'd rather he play than redshirt. If we red shirt him he might blow up year 2 and leave for the draft. He looks like he's ready to help us right now.

Reaction Score
The Floyd possibility is a welcome surprise because I think a 4th guard is useful, especially if we have an injury for any games. I know for a fact from his teachers that Karaban is an excellent student. In a long ago thread, @HooperScooper mentioned that Karaban had repeated 8th grade. That made me quietly think that he could be a candidate to change classes. If Floyd comes, we still have the room with Polley & Whaley schollies not counting towards the limit, but we have a lot of quality bodies in the front court. Since he had so many things to say about UConn being 'perfect' I wondered in my head if the desire to play this season in a prominent role might be what was holding him back. Just some food to feed the imagination. No idea whatsoever if the possibility exists academically.

Have really liked Anglin as bringing a value added. I'm getting prepared to be disappointed. Have watched Starling 5-6x now without being able to see him as being a player that will make the team better. A volume streaky shooter who turns the ball over and doesn't pass well or often. He's bigger and can get hot, but I have not yet seen the performances that justify the ratings.

I'm happy to stay with Floyd, Diggins, Gaffney, and Cole for now if Anglin isn't us. If Cole decides to go maybe there will be a 2023 reclass to 2022.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

From this comment/his uncle's comment, it feels like this is under discussion. Would guess it comes down to a decision of whether an extra year in a college strength/conditioning program and practicing against college players is worth more than an extra year of game experience.

Reaction Score
From this comment/his uncle's comment, it feels like this is under discussion. Would guess it comes down to a decision of whether an extra year in a college strength/conditioning program and practicing against college players is worth more than an extra year of game experience.
The other factor to consider is he’s also really young, it’s possible he and his family think having another year of high school is a good idea. Basketball wise he looks ready to make the jump but he’s still a kid, may make sense to just enjoy your senior year of high school.

Reaction Score
The other factor to consider is he’s also really young, it’s possible he and his family think having another year of high school is a good idea. Basketball wise he looks ready to make the jump but he’s still a kid, may make sense to just enjoy your senior year of high school.
Would you enjoy a senior year in high school over another year in college? I understand it's a tough decision, but it seems like an obvious one.

From a social, development, and maturation standpoint, going to UConn a year early is a no brainer.

Reaction Score
Would you enjoy a senior year in high school over another year in college? I understand it's a tough decision, but it seems like an obvious one.

From a social, development, and maturation standpoint, going to UConn a year early is a no brainer.
I think sometimes we forget theyre kids, I don’t think he’s even 18 yet. Certainly understandable if he and/or his family thinks another year of HS is beneficial to him. There are tons of reasons why it would be and the same could be said if he wants to jump to college.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

You could always take the Zach Wilson route. Left HS early, went to BYU and still came back for his prom. Seemed to work out for him socially. He brought back two BYU coeds as his prom dates.

1627485979271.png

Reaction Score
You could always take the Zach Wilson route. Left HS early, went to BYU and still came back for his prom. Seemed to work out for him socially. He brought back two BYU coeds as his prom dates.

View attachment 68787
Unfortunately for the lad, what you see in the picture is as far as he got, if'n they followed BYU rules.

Reaction Score
There was an article that came out after he committed where he said he decided not to re class already.
For Floyd? I don’t remember that. Regardless it’s been a while since he committed so things could change and now we have Dauster and Slater mentioning reclass

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
For Floyd? I don’t remember that. Regardless it’s been a while since he committed so things could change and now we have Dauster and Slater mentioning reclass
The article in the tweet is Karaban.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Slaters tweet saying "Could see one class up" is in reference to any of the 22 guys. But Floyd is the one who makes sense since Karaban specifically said he would not reclass, but Floyd's camp said "a decision has not been made".

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Oh never mind I thought he said could see this one classing up.

Reaction Score
Slaters tweet saying "Could see one class up" is in reference to any of the 22 guys. But Floyd is the one who makes sense since Karaban specifically said he would not reclass, but Floyd's camp said "a decision has not been made".
Hurley said he can come to UConn this year but that he'd have to redshirt.

As the roster stands now, UConn has three open scholarship spots for the upcoming season, and college basketball reporter Rob Dauster wrote Monday that 2022 four-star Huskies commit Corey Floyd Jr. “is committed to UConn and likely reclassifying to enroll this fall.”

Hurley said Wednesday that if any player did enroll before the season began, they’d have to redshirt.

“I wouldn’t discount that at this point,” Hurley said. “But obviously it would be a tough thing to do with somebody that hasn’t graduated from high school yet. We do have tremendous flexibility with bringing back so many players, and bringing in one or two guys — people that would be willing to sit out — is the critical thing. With the team we have returning, I have no more minutes for anybody. It’s going to be a war for roles and minutes with this team. I don’t need anymore guys in here that are looking at me to put them in a game.”

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
wouldn't that benefit him more than staying in that class?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Hurley said he can come to UConn this year but that he'd have to redshirt.

As the roster stands now, UConn has three open scholarship spots for the upcoming season, and college basketball reporter Rob Dauster wrote Monday that 2022 four-star Huskies commit Corey Floyd Jr. “is committed to UConn and likely reclassifying to enroll this fall.”

Hurley said Wednesday that if any player did enroll before the season began, they’d have to redshirt.

“I wouldn’t discount that at this point,” Hurley said. “But obviously it would be a tough thing to do with somebody that hasn’t graduated from high school yet. We do have tremendous flexibility with bringing back so many players, and bringing in one or two guys — people that would be willing to sit out — is the critical thing. With the team we have returning, I have no more minutes for anybody. It’s going to be a war for roles and minutes with this team. I don’t need anymore guys in here that are looking at me to put them in a game.”

This was exactly my point earlier. He has no reason to burn a year of eligibility. He wouldn’t be an instant impact guy year 1 most likely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom