Floyd reclassing to this year? | The Boneyard

Floyd reclassing to this year?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
whoa now that's interesting. But with some upperclassmen at the G and wings it seems odd. It's not like there's a glaring hole he can step right into, at least it doesn't appear that way.

Reaction Score
NIL influence? I hope Bob's discount furniture starts paying these guys out

You mean those buku Jordan's bucks

1310506142_15ed.jpg

Reaction Score
whoa now that's interesting. But with some upperclassmen at the G and wings it seems odd. It's not like there's a glaring hole he can step right into, at least it doesn't appear that way.
who scares an incoming player really? Cole with super limited athletic ability but a really nice shot, Gaffney with tentative play but nice upside but shown little so far. Diggins and Hawkins will be here again next year. Name a time on a good Husky team where we had less talent at guard?

Why not???

Reaction Score
Love the writer's quote at the end:
"It’s not official yet, but should Floyd double-down on his big week, the cauldron of intensity just got a lot hotter this fall."
(emphasis added)

Reaction Score
Hawkins will be here again next year.
yeah hawkins (and aj) will be here again next year meaning floyd will probably be coming off the bench for at least 2 years instead of maybe 1

Reaction Score
yeah hawkins (and aj) will be here again next year meaning floyd will probably be coming off the bench for at least 2 years instead of maybe 1
Brendan Adams wasn't all that talented and played big minutes for way longer than a lot of us would have liked. Floyd is a better version of what Hurley is looking for in terms of toughness at guard. Floyd will find minutes. It will push Gaffney to quit playing scared as well or lose mins - let's get Floyd in now! #UConnTough

Reaction Score
Brendan Adams wasn't all that talented and played big minutes for way longer than a lot of us would have liked. Floyd is a better version of what Hurley is looking for in terms of toughness at guard. Floyd will find minutes. It will push Gaffney to quit playing scared as well or lose mins - let's get Floyd in now! #UConnTough
He played big minutes when we had half a roster and no other options. I'll be happy to have Floyd here early next year, but I just think you're way down on the returning players next year and I don't really get why. It's been the theme all offseason with your posts

Reaction Score
For years I have been more of a lurker on the Boneyard than an opinion-contributor. I do provide tweets I see and contribute in that way. But, I have never claimed to have inside information on anything.

In the CFJ situation, however, I do have inside, accurate information. It is your choice to believe it or not.

Corey is entirely on the fence about reclassifying. He is still 17 and his family just wants to be certain he is ready for the rigors of college. The staff would love him in the '21 class, but the family's assessment of "is he ready" has not been reached. He has a great and supportive family/team around him. They clearly want to do the right thing for him.

Basketball-wise there "might" be limited value he can gain from another year of high school. But life journeys are more complicated than that. I hope everyone gives the young man the space to make the right decision for "himself." Either way, we seem to be getting a special kid/leader with special talents.

THC

Reaction Score
Zags sort of let this cat out of the bag in a March article, then backtracked when questioned. We shall see.

Reaction Score
For years I have been more of a lurker on the Boneyard than an opinion-contributor. I do provide tweets I see and contribute in that way. But, I have never claimed to have inside information on anything.

In the CFJ situation, however, I do have inside, accurate information. It is your choice to believe it or not.

Corey is entirely on the fence about reclassifying. He is still 17 and his family just wants to be certain he is ready for the rigors of college. The staff would love him in the '21 class, but the family's assessment of "is he ready" has not been reached. He has a great and supportive family/team around him. They clearly want to do the right thing for him.

Basketball-wise there "might" be limited value he can gain from another year of high school. But life journeys are more complicated than that. I hope everyone gives the young man the space to make the right decision for "himself." Either way, we seem to be getting a special kid/leader with special talents.

Checks out

Reaction Score
Anytime a kid can (and wants to) come in a year early is a good thing. Even if he redshirts, that’s 1 year of practicing against elite college level competition instead of high school. And 1 year of learning the system and defense.

And idk about some of yall, but if I could go back in time I’d trade a year of high school for an extra year of college in a heartbeat.

Reaction Score
Ummm, yeah. (Had to think about that for less than a second). (-:

Reaction Score
Even if he doesn't play and redshirts, I'm sure the staff would rather have him here, working out with UConn, than in high school. But we only have 3 real guards and AJ, so I don't rule out at all that he could help us this year.
I'd love to see Floyd here a year early. I think we have 4 real guards already in Cole, Gaffney, Hawkins and Diggins. Adding Floyd to any team makes it better, imo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anytime a kid can (and wants to) come in a year early is a good thing. Even if he redshirts, that’s 1 year of practicing against elite college level competition instead of high school. And 1 year of learning the system and defense.

And idk about some of yall, but if I could go back in time I’d trade a year of high school for an extra year of college in a heartbeat.
I guess it depends how you look at it, extra year of college over HS sure that's a no brainer. But he still only gets 4 years, so could also be viewed as a year of high school vs senior year Floyd

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Floyd here a year early. I think we have 4 real guards already in Cole, Gaffney, Hawkins and Digging. Adding Floyd to any team makes it better, imo.
You are correct, it’s 4 guards and AJ. But you want 5 guards, even if one is behind glass awaiting an emergency

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom