FloSports Announces Multiyear Broadcast Partnership With UMass | The Boneyard

FloSports Announces Multiyear Broadcast Partnership With UMass

Reaction Score
FloSports Announces Multiyear Broadcast Partnership With UMass

>>
Today, FloSports, the innovator in live digital sports and original content, the University of Massachusetts Athletics, and multimedia rightsholder UMass Sports Properties of Learfield IMG College, announced a two-year broadcast partnership.

FloSports will provide live coverage and on-demand coverage of all six of the program’s 2019 home football home games at McGuirk Alumni Stadium on FloFootball.com.

“We are pleased to enter into a new partnership with FloSports and extend our valuable relationship with NESN for the upcoming football season,” said UMass Director of Athletics Ryan Bamford. “Flo has been innovative in the digital space and NESN continues to be a regional leader in professional and college sports coverage.

"This multi-dimensional partnership to produce and distribute UMass football games aligns perfectly with our broadcast strategies to gain maximum visibility for our growing FBS program. It will guarantee that Minutemen fans can watch Coach Bell’s team from various platforms when they can’t be at McGuirk Alumni Stadium this season.”<<

UConn @ UMass on 10/26 is @ 3:30p

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So if you're in New England you can watch on NESN, but otherwise have to subscribe to Flo Sports for gameday and then cancel?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
NESN has never given UConn the time of day. Now that things are changing, I wonder if there is a deal to be made with them along with or in conjunction with YES? Personally I would like to see a deal of broadcasting football games in Boston while the BC games are on the ACC Network pulling in a .000001 rating!

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
NESN has never given UConn the time of day. Now that things are changing, I wonder if there is a deal to be made with them along with or in conjunction with YES? Personally I would like to see a deal of broadcasting football games in Boston while the BC games are on the ACC Network pulling in a .000001 rating!
Hmmm.

Have SNY/YES AND NESN as distribution of home games?

This is the best idea I have ever seen the boneyard come up with. Definitely going to steal it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why should they?

While the Boston media won't admit it, there are plenty of UConn alumni in the Boston area and in RI which also gets NESN. UConn is closer to Boston than UMass is. The Globe and Herald do both cover the UConn women with regular featured articles, because there is a pretty clear demand for it.

Reaction Score
While the Boston media won't admit it, there are plenty of UConn alumni in the Boston area and in RI which also gets NESN. UConn is closer to Boston than UMass is. The Globe and Herald do both cover the UConn women with regular featured articles, because there is a pretty clear demand for it.

"Plenty of alumni in the Boston area" does not translate to eyes on TV sets. That is all that matters. As much as UConn wants to think they are a factor in the Boston market they aren't! An article or two about UConn Woman's hoops does not mean there is clear demand.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
"Plenty of alumni in the Boston area" does not translate to eyes on TV sets. That is all that matters. As much as UConn wants to think they are a factor in the Boston market they aren't! An article or two about UConn Woman's hoops does not mean there is clear demand.

You’re saying things that are unmoored in reality. We are more popular in your own city then you are.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

My ballpark guess having lived in metro Boston for 20 years now, is that the UConn women would probably place second to the Celtics in basketball TV appeal in Boston. Ahead of the BC men, PC men and UConn men. If the UConn mean got back to what they were, they'd certainly register as well, although Boston area stars like Bazz and Jalen would help.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hmmm.

Have SNY/YES AND NESN as distribution of home games?

This is the best idea I have ever seen the boneyard come up with. Definitely going to steal it.

The audience is Connecticut - they aren’t going to pay to split it.

The whole point for SNY is to stay on systems. If it’s on NESN... sort of defeats their purpose.

Reaction Score
Ah! Woman's Basketball! I thought we were talking about football. Even Woman's Basketball does not produce enough eyes in Boston to justify showing games. Unless they are getting the feed for free or next to it.

Me thinks you lying. SNY loves paying UConn for them WBB ratings. NESN and Boston affiliates would love nothing more to do the same.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ah! Woman's Basketball! I thought we were talking about football. Even Woman's Basketball does not produce enough eyes in Boston to justify showing games. Unless they are getting the feed for free or next to it.
You might want to take a closer look at those trophies if you believe that they are all woman's basketball. That's kind of the point.

UConn has brand recognition, particularly in NE. That's why NESN would would/should have an interest in them.

Reaction Score
The audience is Connecticut - they aren’t going to pay to split it.

The whole point for SNY is to stay on systems. If it’s on NESN... sort of defeats their purpose.

You could blackout NESN on CT cable systems to protect sny. Crappy thing to do, but I am fine with it. In exchange? Nesn gets really cheap content to air with no production cost (SNY picks it up).

Pretty cool thought that UConn could go from New Jersey all the way through Maine.

Worth kicking the tire on IMO. Great idea.

Reaction Score
Why should they?

Outside that Zip Code the BC is in .... what do you think the interest is in your sports? In New England? Seriously?

I have been in bars in Vermont that was packed watching a UConn hoop game. Can you imagine that for BC ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom