Florida | The Boneyard

Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
as of right now Florida does not look like a tournament team. They will likely be on the bubble come selection time.

Reaction Score
as of right now Florida does not look like a tournament team. They will likely be on the bubble come selection time.
Worst loss on their schedule is in OT to Georgetown, who themselves aren't bad; others are to UNC, KU, and Miami. They certainly have more chances at nice wins throughout conference play. Their chances of getting in the tournament right now are better than ours I'd say; that is made abundantly clear when it's now to the point where we are pretty much relying on a win there and near-undefeated in conference for a chance to get in (unless we find a way to beat Puke).

Reaction Score
Florida's RIP is 118. Never seen a team with a 118 RIP get into the tournament unless they win their conference tournament. They are 3-4 and got taken to OT against UL Monroe. Certainly need to do work going forward, but at this point I can't even see them on the bubble let alone "in"

Reaction Score
Why are we discussing RPI 7 games in to a 30+ game season

Because.. being in a 1 bid league we don't have many opportunities to beat top 25 teams. This being one of them preseason. Let's hope Florida plays better going forward because they are not good at the moment.

Reaction Score
Why are we discussing RPI 7 games in to a 30+ game season
Ha seriously. Especially with a team who has been without 3 of their best 6 players for a good number of games.

Reaction Score
Because.. being in a 1 bid league we don't have many opportunities to beat top 25 teams. This being one of them preseason. Let's hope Florida plays better going forward because they are not good at the moment.
I'm not questioning the talk about RPI; I'm questioning talking about it at this point in the season. You don't really expect Florida to be 118 by the end of the season when it matters, do you?

Reaction Score
I'm not questioning the talk about RPI; I'm questioning talking about it at this point in the season. You don't really expect Florida to be 118 by the end of the season when it matters, do you?

I mean.. I've seen them play a few times.. they just plain aren't good by any metric. I expect them to be a hell of a lot better than they are but they haven't showed it so far. The almost lost to UL Monroe…One of the worst teams in D1 hoops. Let's see how they do against Yale (common opponent) tonight.

Reaction Score
I mean.. I've seen them play a few times.. they just plain aren't good by any metric. I expect them to be a hell of a lot better than they are but they haven't showed it so far. The almost lost to UL Monroe…One of the worst teams in D1 hoops. Let's see how they do against Yale (common opponent) tonight.
Billy lit a fire under their butts, they look good tonight.

Reaction Score
Billy lit a fire under their butts, they look good tonight.

They're a strange team but talented. A lot like us but on a given night more firepower than we can bring I think. But if our guys defend as we know they can, everything changes.

Reaction Score
Florida's RIP is 118. Never seen a team with a 118 RIP get into the tournament unless they win their conference tournament. They are 3-4 and got taken to OT against UL Monroe. Certainly need to do work going forward, but at this point I can't even see them on the bubble let alone "in"

Florida's RPI is not going to be anything close to 118 at the end the season. You pointed out that Yale's current RPI is meaningless in the other thread, but you can't figure out that the same thing applies to Florida too?

Reaction Score
Florida's RPI is not going to be anything close to 118 at the end the season. You pointed out that Yale's current RPI is meaningless in the other thread, but you can't figure out that the same thing applies to Florida too?
Doesn't make coherent of consistent arguments. He made a big doom and gloom thread after we lost to Louisville last year, and when called on it, just turned around and raged at the person who called him out rather than own up to anything. Best to not take anything he says seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom