florida vs memphis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

florida vs memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
The cool thing about being in the AAC for Memphis is that this is the time of year when we normally disappear from national attention for 2 months...aka CUSA play...the game last night would have been our "last hurrah" until March.

now we get to look at our conference schedule and see Louisvillex2, UConnx2, Cincyx2, Templex2, and our late season matchup with Gonzaga...

Then, on top of all that...the AAC tourney on our home court...we will be very battle tested come selection sunday.

Reaction Score
The cool thing about being in the AAC for Memphis is that this is the time of year when we normally disappear from national attention for 2 months...aka CUSA play...the game last night would have been our "last hurrah" until March.

now we get to look at our conference schedule and see Louisvillex2, UConnx2, Cincyx2, Templex2, and our late season matchup with Gonzaga...

Then, on top of all that...the AAC tourney on our home court...we will be very battle tested come selection sunday.

That's funny, I look at that same schedule and think," oh no, we're not battle tested enough. Where's Pitt, where's G'town, where's Cuse, where's Villanova ... "

Reaction Score
I look at it and want to call my mom for moral support. I still look twice when I see Pitt (scum) or Quse and the ACC mentioned on TV.

Reaction Score
Yeah, thats dose of reality, especially when Louisville is gone. Havent thought about it, but Jan/Feb is going to be rough going forward. A step up for Memphis, but a step down for Uconn.

Reaction Score
That's funny, I look at that same schedule and think," oh no, we're not battle tested enough. Where's Pitt, where's G'town, where's Cuse, where's Villanova ... "

Final Fours 2009 - 2013:

Colonial - 1
Missouri Valley - 1
Big 12 - 1
Horizon - 2
ACC - 2
SEC - 2
B1G - 4
Big East - 7

It was that tough conference schedule that helped get 7 Big East teams into the Final Four the past 5 years.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, thats dose of reality, especially when Louisville is gone. Havent thought about it, but Jan/Feb is going to be rough going forward. A step up for Memphis, but a step down for Uconn.

More than one step.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score

which is why we schedule games like Gonzaga during conference play...you simply adapt by maximizing your OOC contests.

Reaction Score
Program might need to take the same approach that Memp has with that in season game against Gonzaga, gonna need another game in the future in Feb once Louisville leaves

Reaction Score
The Big East being gone is depressing, no question about it. Between Pitt, WVU (back when they were good), Cuse, Nova, Georgetown, Marquette, L'ville, ND, St. Johns, hell, even PC...it seems unlikely any such conference will ever be reproduced, despite the ACC's best efforts.

Reaction Score
Even if you schedule one or two tough OOC games within the conference schedule, it will never come close to the "every conference game is a battle" mentality that was the Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom