FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Thanks for nothing, Carnac.
I've got an end-of-day deadline and now I have yet another distraction. :eek:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I just watched half of the first half of this game. FSU did not impress me. JS was leading at the first time out 9-7. FSU can't defend the 3, and they don't rebound very well, and they're not a BIG team. You can watch the replay of this game on watch ESPN anytime between now and the start of our game. I don't think UConn will have a problem with the Seminoles.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Jacksonville State up at the end of the 1st quarter 22-19

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I just watched half of the first half of this game. FSU did not impress me. JS was leading at the first time out 9-7. FSU can't defend the 3, and they don't rebound very well, and they're not a BIG team. You can watch the replay of this game on watch ESPN anytime between now and the start of our game. I don't think UConn will have a problem with the Seminoles.
FSU is playing without PG Romero. She has an ankle issue expected to miss first few games of season-Including the UCONN game on Monday.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Its pretty ugly but it's early season... no one looks great.

Reaction Score

Couldn;t find the game. Megan Walker, made the front page of the Richmond Times, is on ESPNU right now
Good poise, good to excellent vocabulary and presentation my wife graded her "A'.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Jacksonville State up at the end of the 1st quarter 22-19

Jacksonville St. did not impress me either. If FSU can't handle them, how in the world are they going to keep up with UConn? I'm sure Geno and staff are watching this game. They'll be ready for FSU by game time. After seeing this snippet, I'm not nearly as concerned as I was. UConn will beat FSU going away. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Thanks for nothing, Carnac.
I've got an end-of-day deadline and now I have yet another distraction. :eek:

Thanks OK, I'm ALWAYS there for you. ;)

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I take pre-season rankings with a shaker full of salt. Nevertheless, if this year's polls are at all accurate, note that FSU is ranked 12th. This sounds like a lofty ranking but we know it is pretty consistent that in years where there is real competition on who will be the top dog, there is wide chasm between the upper four to six teams and the rest of the field.

Even if FSU wins by 30, I will be surprised if we don't win our opener against them. Their performance today should be irrelevant.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
That block by the Gamecocks though LOL...

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Jacksonville State is just giving the game away...unbelievably poor shot selection. Poor shooting. They're just falling apart and most of it appears to have little to do with Florida State.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Florida State up by eight with three minutes to go.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Fl State by 11
Not particularly strong on offense
Not particularly strong On D.

Without Romero on Monday
Should be easy pick-ins

Reaction Score
FSU did not look very good today, but in all fairness they were without hands down the most important player on their team. Romero means so much to them in terms of scoring, handling the basketball, defense, leadership, etc. She makes them a much better team.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Ohio State beats Duquesne by 20.
FSU did what they had to - but hmmm - 19 fouls to JS's 12.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Ohio State beats Duquesne by 20.
FSU did what they had to - but hmmm - 19 fouls to JS's 12.
FSU was having a hard time with switching screens and got caught reaching a bunch. If we can get to the basket I think we will be alright. We just have to come up with a performance a bit better than Jacksonville and hope FSU plays as poorly. If Jacksonville has a good third quarter this could have been a loss for FSU.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
#20 for Florida State (sorry, don't mean to sound like JPM) looks like she could also be a force to be concerned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom