Florida State in Newark Roll Call | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida State in Newark Roll Call

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
+ 2, section 3F

Also going down to the PSA showcase the next day to check out bouknight, gaffney, springs and others if anyone else is making the trip?

Reaction Score
Ironbound district (E of tracks) is loaded w good Portuguese restaurants.

Reaction Score
+2, anyone know any places for food or drinks pregame in Newark?

There are a lot more options around Prudential Center than used to exist in Newark. You have Redd's where UConn is having an alumni meet-up. You also have Dinosaur BBQ near by. McGovern's Tavern is an institution that closed for major renovations. I can't get info on-line on whether it's opened. The Ironbound (as mentioned by Sledog) has solid Portuguese restaurants, but I don't know of any that are great for just drinks.

Reaction Score
it should be a home game for us, if its not, we have a problem with our fan base

I don't think the event is selling well so it's probably going to be about what we saw at the Jimmy V Classic last night where none of the fanbases made it to MSG. I live in NYC and it's a bit of a hike even for me so obviously it isn't much better for CT folk, but hopefully we get a decent showing.

Reaction Score
I don't think the event is selling well so it's probably going to be about what we saw at the Jimmy V Classic last night where none of the fanbases made it to MSG. I live in NYC and it's a bit of a hike even for me so obviously it isn't much better for CT folk, but hopefully we get a decent showing.
I don’t judge people’s decision to go to a game, but just want to make sure you (or others in NYC) know just how easy it is to get to Pru. You can’t get a train from Penn Station that takes less than 20 minutes. You can also take a PATH train which is a bit slower.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I don’t judge people’s decision to go to a game, but just want to make sure you (or others in NYC) know just how easy it is to get to Pru. You can’t get a train from Penn Station that takes less than 20 minutes. You can also take a PATH train which is a bit slower.

StorrsSouth is actually attending the game, though.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Clemson could have an decent showing, but I would imagine the majority of fans will be UConn fans.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
+1 and the PSA Showcase in PA the next day to get a look at our commits and 2020 targets.
Do you know if there’s going to be any live streams or radio cover of this event?

Reaction Score
Do you know if there’s going to be any live streams or radio cover of this event?
I’m not sure. I’ll see what I can find out. I would take videos myself, but my hands are really shaky lol.

Reaction Score
@UcannUconn looks like there’s no stream. The day of I would check FloHoops, because they stream these type of things for a fee sometimes.

Reaction Score
Is it an Amtrak train you take from Penn station?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No. NJ Transit. Here's a link where you can put in time and location of departure. Origin would be NY Penn to Newark Penn (it would've been too easy to give them different names). New Jersey Transit

If anyone is coming from Brooklyn or lower Manhattan to the gamet, the PATH train goes straight from World Trade Center to Newark Penn Station as well. It's the last stop on the train and you'll also know you're there when you get off as there is an overpowering aroma of popcorn on most days.

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score

I will be there and am planning on videotaping and tweeting out highlights of uconn prospects in real time. It will not be a constant stream but we did get credentials to tape and share on socials so hopefully there wont be any issues.

Give us a follow if interested @instorrsnow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom