Florida St @ Duke - 2/19/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida St @ Duke - 2/19/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Congrats Triad! Let's see some old fashioned celebratin'. .
dance.gif

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
not sure what Duke is going to do to replace Ms Brown as I believe she is a senior
Duke will still have some talent next year, but after that, it's a ghost town from a recruiting perspective. This year (2017 recruiting) they landed a pair of top o25 kids, but Duke's highest rated recruit coming in next year is #81. If they don't land some top players in 2019, it's going to be the start of a downward spiral...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
With the loss, Florida State falls to 10-4 in the ACC. NC State also 10-4, so for the moment, NC State is the ACC's #3 team, owning the tie-breaker over the Seminoles. Duke a half-game back at 10-5.

Winning at ND will be a tall order for yall..... I ran through a few scenarios in the conference bracket generator... and if form holds.... Yall will be the 6th seed facing the Wake/Pitt winner. We would be the #5 seed facing the winner of the Tarholes and BC

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I cannot believe ESPN has Nell Fortner back in studio. Did I fall asleep and wake up in 2003?
What does that last sentence mean, seriously?

Reaction Score
1) Of all the games I decide to skip... this is the one Head bangHead bang

2) Oregon STATE came to Durham and lost... Ohio STATE came to Durham, NC STATE came to Durham and lost..... no way Florida STATE was gonna come to Durham and win :mad: :p:p:p:p:cool::cool::cool:
Hey triaddukefan, I was impressed with Duke today. Especially the backcourt. Lexie Brown, & the other sharpshooter are very good together, like Sabrina & Maite from University of Oregon. Lexie Brown is amazing, unbelievable at anticipating on defense, and a lot better as a shooter than I had seen in previous games. Who is the guard that Duke lost to injury? I remember in the Oregon State game another kid who made a couple steals at the end of that game that did in the Beavers. I think Duke & Oregon State are both on the top 16 bubble. Hopefully one or both get in at the final seeding.

Reaction Score
Who is the guard that Duke lost to injury?

They lost three guards: Mikayla Boykin, a grade 98 5-star recruit who will redshirt and repeat her freshman year; Kyra Lambert, who Duke had success with in the 2016-2017 campaign but got hurt during the tournament. She’ll redshirt to repeat her junior year; Haley Gorecki, who was having a nice year.

Reaction Score
They lost three guards: Mikayla Boykin, a grade 98 5-star recruit who will redshirt and repeat her freshman year; Kyra Lambert, who Duke had success with in the 2016-2017 campaign but got hurt during the tournament. She’ll redshirt to repeat her junior year; Haley Gorecki, who was having a nice year.
It was Boykin I was thinking about....she hit 2 x 3's at very beginning of game & played well. And it was actually Lexie Brown who had two (2) steals very late in the game that sealed the deal for Duke vs Oregon State. Oregon State had yet to play UCLA or USC and Lexie Brown was our introduction to great defensive guard play.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
take in another transfer...:rolleyes:

funny you mention that... I wrote earlier after the latest injury news

If Duke isnt looking at a possible guard grad transfer yet.... perhaps they should start soon :confused:

Hey, I thought that was on until you "trashed" UNCheat this week???

I mentioned earlier if we beat either ND or FSU it would be removed.... and if that didnt happen ... then after our Senior Night defeat of the Ladies down Interstate 40. Luckily it didnt come to that. :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Sadly I think Boykin played in one too many games to qualify for a redshirt.... and unfortunately Lambert re-tore her ACL and had surgery.... so she likely will miss next year as well.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Really like Lexie Brown. Saw her drop a dagger in one of last year's tournament games. How does she compare to Dangerfield? The Duke forwards though. Never seen so many missed layups and putbacks. It's like their only qualifications are being tall and being Duke students. Much sympathy for their coach. If I heard correctly she was wearing an outfit designed by one of her players. Much sympathy for that also.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom