Florida Game | The Boneyard

Florida Game

Reaction Score
Obviously disgusted with the teams performance against Saint Joes. Reminded me so much of previous years where we'd go down a bunch, make a run and then just choke it away. With that being said I cant fester on this game anymore.. What are everyone's thoughts on the Florida game? Do you think the crowd size is affected with this loss? Honestly, if we can pull out a win against Florida I think all is well and the season is right back on track with Bouknight returning from suspension. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Kenpom has it as a 3 point game right now. Seems like 3 very generous points, given what happened last night.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Obviously disgusted with the teams performance against Saint Joes. Reminded me so much of previous years where we'd go down a bunch, make a run and then just choke it away. With that being said I cant fester on this game anymore.. What are everyone's thoughts on the Florida game? Do you think the crowd size is affected with this loss? Honestly, if we can pull out a win against Florida I think all is well and the season is right back on track with Bouknight returning from suspension. Thoughts?
It could go either way. I can see Danny using this lost to focus and push they guys. On the other hand, we just lost to St. Joes.

Having a reliable option who can create his own shot when the clock is winding down has been a problem for us for years. We've had guys who think they are that guy, but we haven't actually had that 'that guy.' Bouk's addition to this squad will cure a lot of woes. Unfortunately we don't have him available for Florida.

Reaction Score
You can’t draw conclusions two games into a season. Especially when a team shot lights out for 25 minutes. Vegas reflects that.
Kenpom really isn't super reliable/accurate until January. I'm guessing we will be in the +5/+6 range.

Reaction Score
Seeing as this year is a warm up to the Big East with new talent I say we start throwing Gaffney more minutes and get him exposed to high level play. Vital and Al aren’t running Hurley’s sets well. Gaffney and BAdams need early exposure before AAC play

Reaction Score
Wow. We prolly will be in the 5-6 point range. And I’m sure uconn will tease us only to lose by 10.

Reaction Score
Kenpom really isn't super reliable/accurate until January. I'm guessing we will be in the +5/+6 range.

Vegas is usually spot on with Kenpom early in the season from what I’ve found betting on a lot of CBB. Very rarely is the spread 3 points off, but it does happen.

Reaction Score
Vegas is usually spot on with Kenpom early in the season from what I’ve found betting on a lot of CBB. Very rarely is the spread 3 points off, but it does happen.
Completely agree and follow/value his system almost to a fault. Would love to see +3 but just think +5 is more realistic.

Reaction Score
Kenpom has it as a 3 point game right now. Seems like 3 very generous points, given what happened last night.

Florida lost at home already, too, so we've both dropped since the start of the year.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
The only thing that can save us from that last loss is a win on Sunday...otherwise it'a going to be a hell of a long season. Regardless, I'm a husky warrior and I'm in it for the long haul!

I don't see the St. Joe's loss affecting attendance. They shot the lights out to start, which was a statistical one-off, but we should have been able to adjust and win regardless. But that's spilled milk now. We can only get ready for Florida, and I hope the crowd can propel us to a W. I know me and my crew will be doing our part...let's go!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that the Daly kid was previously 0 for 11 from three point range in the two previous games. We didn’t play well but it was also partly an aberration.
We had a horrible defensive night. Somehow didn’t defend the paint or the 3 point line in the first half. Where we even guarding??

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
You can’t draw conclusions two games into a season. Especially when a team shot lights out for 25 minutes. Vegas reflects that.
"Shot the lights out" You mean played some terrible defense, and allowed open 3 pointers becasue our athletes cant keep up with their rotations

Reaction Score
If our D steps up and plays tough all game we have a chance with some sort of offensive performance. I have the UF Towson game on right now and UF is up 1 just after half. I thought UF would run away with this and as it is being at home for them. If Towson can stay close, so can we. Go Huskies!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Would love to see Hurley use the ole JC move of the quick hook one possession in to the game or use a TO one possession in to the game if any of the players blow an assignment on D or go hero ball on O.

There are many ways to get a player's attention and teammates attention. Playing time vs. pine time is one of those ways.

Reaction Score
We have a good chance of winning if Gilbert has 5 assists or more, and takes less than 10 shots. Or if he is benched the first time he drives recklessly to the hoop with 3-4 guys closing in.

Reaction Score
Game was tied at 60 with under 2 to go but FL pulls it out 66-60.

If Towson can play them this tough in Gainesville then we're more than capable of beating them in Gampel . . . . . . . aren't we?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What if we scored more points than Florida does on Sunday. I think our chances of winning greatly improve. A win over them would be good if I'm being honest, than compared to if we were to lose which would not be ideal. Idk just my two cents, which is some (approximately 8 give or take) less than JC would give back if given the opportunity.

Reaction Score

If Towson can play them this tough in Gainesville then we're more than capable of beating them in Gampel . . . . . . . aren't we?
We are no Towson. According to BPM, only two guys have made a net positive contribution. That is ugly.
20191114_230638.jpg

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

I agree.Watched the game last night. I was thinking. We can beat Florida.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom