Florida Atlantic, Charlotte, North Texas, UTSA, Rice, UAB set to join American Athletic Conference | The Boneyard

Florida Atlantic, Charlotte, North Texas, UTSA, Rice, UAB set to join American Athletic Conference

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
"... not certain when they're going to come in yet. That's still to be decided."
"The American is replacing Cincinnati, UCF and Houston, which were accepted to join the Big 12 last month after that conference learned it was losing Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC."
"According to AAC bylaws, those schools' exit date would be July 1, 2024, though Aresco told ESPN in mid-September that the league would be willing to negotiate an earlier exit fee to accommodate their departures."

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"... not certain when they're going to come in yet. That's still to be decided."
"The American is replacing Cincinnati, UCF and Houston, which were accepted to join the Big 12 last month after that conference learned it was losing Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC."
"According to AAC bylaws, those schools' exit date would be July 1, 2024, though Aresco told ESPN in mid-September that the league would be willing to negotiate an earlier exit fee to accommodate their departures."
All 6 of these schools are from Conference USA. Talk about the bottom falling out. That leaves only 8 teams left in C-USA. Wanna bet they don't put out the "welcome mat" for other programs to join? All of this started when OU and Texas decided to leave the BIG 12 for the SEC. The BIG 12 had to do something and quick, or lose the rest of its members.

Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby speaks in measured tones about the decision by Oklahoma and Texas to leave for the SEC. Asked if he’s still pissed off more than three months later, the answer is nuanced but clear.

“Being, to use your term pissed off about it, I can’t allow myself that,” Bowlsby said. “I have to get over the sense of personal betrayal and do what’s necessary for our eight continuing members. And that’s what we did.”

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wow. AAC picking up the big guns.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member