Florida Airfares | The Boneyard

Florida Airfares

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Very cheap flights to FLL from Bradley right now. Under $200. R/T for midweek in JAN-FEB.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
And yet the same flight during April vacation is at least 3 times higher. We searched every airport within about 75 miles and couldn't do better than $600 until we found a Friday night flight out of Boston at $380. I hate airlines.
While ranting, I hate Bradley. I so badly want to fly out of there given I live in CT (Cromwell), but they always have the worst prices. I thought Aer Lingus would have good rates given the breaks I think they got from the state, but we did waaaay better flying Norwegian Air out of Providence, both cheaper and direct. I really wish this wasn't the case.

Reaction Score
I’ve found that when comparing the cost of gas, parking etc. to go to a further but less expensive airport it’s usually a wash with what you would have saved on the airfare.

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
I’ve found that when comparing the cost of gas, parking etc. to go to a further but less expensive airport it’s usually a wash with what you would have saved on the airfare.
I'm a cheap SOB, so I do the same diligence. For our April vacation, flying out of Boston a day early and getting a hotel room in Tampa and we were still about $500 to the good (3 travellers).

Reaction Score
And yet the same flight during April vacation is at least 3 times higher. We searched every airport within about 75 miles and couldn't do better than $600 until we found a Friday night flight out of Boston at $380. I hate airlines.
While ranting, I hate Bradley. I so badly want to fly out of there given I live in CT (Cromwell), but they always have the worst prices. I thought Aer Lingus would have good rates given the breaks I think they got from the state, but we did waaaay better flying Norwegian Air out of Providence, both cheaper and direct. I really wish this wasn't the case.

I almost always get better rates flying from BDL than from PVD, at least on domestic flights. Bradley is also a much more pleasant experience from parking to security to terminal layout.

During peak times (like school vacations), you almost always do better at the large airports if you can handle traveling to Boston or New York.

Our recent flight from BDL through Dublin to Venice was around $600 round trip. Norwegian wasn’t in the ballpark, and the timing of the flights didn’t match up either.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
I almost always get better rates flying from BDL than from PVD, at least on domestic flights.
It's funny how we could have such differing experiences. I always go to BDL first because I do want to easy commute, it just rarely works out for us lately.
For our Dublin flight PVD was direct and cheaper. BDL was about $300/ticket more and we had to go to DC first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom