Flipper Forced to Apologize | The Boneyard

Flipper Forced to Apologize

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

He just potentially cost ESPN and the ACC tons of legal liability an lawyers bills. .If the Big East or UConn doesn't sue, a competing TV network will sue ESPN and perhaps the ACC.

Reaction Score
I can't help but think that the ACC is growing tired of DeFilippo act. This could end up being a good thing for UConn if and when they reconsider adding them. I can see the other presidents and ADs telling BC to just shut-up and stay the company line.

As much as I wish the BE was as viable as it once was, I do look forward to the day when we get back to beating the out of BC on a regular basis in BB and hope we do likewise in FB.

Reaction Score
Who is DeFilippo's rabbi, maybe a poor choice of term at BC, who protects his ass from the various vocal missteps he makes and who does a mediocre job at AD?? Does the hockey program sustain him?

Reaction Score
I can not help but think the easy way to deal with this would be for the ACC to say we are not expanding anymore at this time. Why do they need this type of press and why should they care that we are SOL? On the outside chance ND decides to join them in the near future we seem to have a shot- if not we will be stuck in some kind of piitt/quse created purgatory. The only hope I cling to is the fact JC hinted that we might have news in the next few weeks.

PE-TOOWEY!!!!!!!!!! I spit on BC.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Who is DeFilippo's rabbi, maybe a poor choice of term at BC, who protects his ass from the various vocal missteps he makes and who does a mediocre job at AD?? Does the hockey program sustain him?
You have to wonder how someone who has made so many blunders hasn't been shown the door.

I for one want him to stay at BC. He guarantees their irrelevancy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I can not help but think the easy way to deal with this would be for the ACC to say we are not expanding anymore at this time. Why do they need this type of press and why should they care that we are SOL? On the outside chance ND decides to join them in the near future we seem to have a shot- if not we will be stuck in some kind of piitt/quse created purgatory. The only hope I cling to is the fact JC hinted that we might have news in the next few weeks.

PE-TOOWEY!!!!!!!!!! I spit on BC.
Did JC really hint at that? with all the press and publicity and posts on the conference realignment board, i've not been following it as much - no use worrying about it. but like most on here, i think the big east is basically "dead" in that if UCONN remains, even with WVU, L'ville, Cinci and USF, the BE may well still lose it's auto BCS bid even if they add some combo of Temple,Army, Navy, Air Force, SMU, Houston, Boise State or UCF.

anyway, i sure hope we end up anywhere but in the BE.

Reaction Score
So I wonder who at the ACC HQ called him out and told him to issue the apology? To step into their shoes, the 'Heisenberg' move after that is to immediately accept UConn as a member. BC & UConn now clearly hate each other and the rivalry could potentially be excellent for the ACC. It'll never be Dook-Carolina in BBball, but the football rivalry would be very legit.

I'm still against conference re-org in general, BC being in the ACC etc... but if it has to be this would be the upside.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Dude clearly has no faith in his own athletic program if he feels so threatened by UConn that the only way he can keep his team "the" New England team is to try to keep us out. He has no interest in EARNING the title as THE New England team. What a coward.

C

Chief00

While I like the SEC, I have been told Calhoun is big on The Big Ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom