Flats And Screens? | The Boneyard

Flats And Screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why doesn't the OC get a bit creative and throw a few balls into the flats, or run a few screens. Line up Lyle and Nick Williams in the backfield and get them the rock. Throw Kash into the slot and feed him the ball quickly. Johhny isn't hitting those deep balls because he either misfires, or lets the pocket collapse. This team doesn't have a 6-6 monster thats a deep threat, so run what will work....quick plays to our speedy playmakers.

Reaction Score
I believe there has only been two screen passes thrown so far and both worked. SMH.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I believe there has only been two screen passes thrown so far and both worked. SMH.

Maybe, but I also remember JM missing two wide open flat passes in a row that would have led to a 1st down at the end of the Vandy game. The QB can't throw a decent short pass.

Reaction Score
Uconn gets big rush so screens, flat passes seem to make sense. JMc being clumbsy makes it hard for him to even backpedal for a screen and throw accurately. Also, DB's and LB's playing so close to the line and WR's/RB's that it must be awful crowded where he would want to throw.

It may be only me, but seems like (and sometimes said by talking heads) other teams have QB where they see defensive alignment and check off to open plays like WR screens at line scrimmage. If you can't adjust call to a obvious weakness in defenses alignment and just call the "play" from the bench it must make defense against you easier.

Reaction Score
Why doesn't the OC get a bit creative and throw a few balls into the flats, or run a few screens. Line up Lyle and Nick Williams in the backfield and get them the rock. Throw Kash into the slot and feed him the ball quickly. Johhny isn't hitting those deep balls because he either misfires, or lets the pocket collapse. This team doesn't have a 6-6 monster thats a deep threat, so run what will work....quick plays to our speedy playmakers.
Maybe because MacEntee sucks throwing on his heals and almost always throws 2 inches above the grass when throwing into the flat.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll be honest.

I was shocked that this thread was about football and offense.

I really thought this was gonna be about flat screen TV's, plasma, LED's, etc.

Reaction Score
I'll be honest.

+1, LOL.

Reaction Score
I'll be honest.

me too, lol.

remember when we used to get on Abrose for the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom