Flash sale: $10 Upper Level tickets for 2/8 Marquette game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Flash sale: $10 Upper Level tickets for 2/8 Marquette game

Reaction Score
Gampel Pavilion capacity is 10,167 last I checked...

I just bought two tickets for tomorrow. Think this will be my fifth or sixth game at XL of the season. Haven't made it up to Storrs yet, but hoping to get there at some point.

$14 after fees for tickets is a fine deal. Those upper level XL seats are not good.

Edit: Regarding the quoted post, guessing 10k was a typo because it looks like attendance for that St John's game was less than 7k.
And the Georgetown game had a 50% student capacity due to Covid concerns...

Reaction Score
I hear you. I haven’t listened to the entire press conference to know the context of this statement, but I’m not sure this is Hurley whining. He had another quote, according to Borges, stating that not having the chance to practice as much at the XL is a BS excuse.

I’m just as frustrated as everyone right now, but I read this as let’s rally as a fanbase for the team right now because they could use it. I’m all in for these guys tomorrow; headed up with three others.

TL;DR - I think Hurley just knows what a huge crowd could do for some of our guys tomorrow and isn’t necessarily whining.

Of course a huge crowd would help. Nothing Hurley said is wrong--he's just terrible at PR.

Calling out the fanbase for not showing up is not how you get more people to show up. like @BGesus4 said, there's a reason why every coach thinks they have the best fanbase in the world... it's because they know that creating a positive vibe with the program wherever possible is how you ACTUALLY fill seats.

Reaction Score
How about fellow huskies fans don’t chastise people who came down from the nosebleeds to get rowdy in the lower seats that were not being used? Actually saw an older gentleman and his wife go snitch to the ushers that the 2 people who sat at the end of their row didn’t have tickets for those seats. Give me a break let alone the fact that he was getting mad at the 3 kids in front of him getting up and making noise when the team needed the support

Reaction Score
Watching the Kansas-Texas game and that’s a home court crowd advantage. Great stuff.

Hope we can get a decent crowd tomorrow night that can collectively get their noses out of their phones long enough to cheer on our team… I know I’ll be leaving that place with little to no voice.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this is the administration handcuffing them, but the student section is not clever or innovative. Might be bottom of the league. Dwight from The Office Big heads?? Weak. The husky mascot has no swag and is a bore.

Reaction Score
Lots of people have no desire to be in an enclosed arena with 10,000 people and Covid still spreading.
Precisely. Many fans are ready to be back out at basketball games. But many fans are not. Lots of reasons for that.

There was an article a little while back about Kentucky’s attendance being off 28% vs 2019 due in part to Covid. This isn’t a UConn-specific thing.

The takeaway is that we draw better vs Big East opponents during a pandemic than we did vs AAC opponents pre-pandemic.

Reaction Score
Watching the Kansas-Texas game and that’s a home court crowd advantage. Great stuff.

Hope we can get a decent crowd tomorrow night that can collectively get their noses out of their phones long enough to cheer on our team… I know I’ll be leaving that place with little to no voice.

“It’s actually fairly embarrassing and cringe worthy nowadays when they tout the “Basketball Capital of the World” at the games. Our current fan base is frankly a lame embarrassment”

Than maybe you should stay home and not go seeing you hate the fans so much.

Quite frankly I think it’s weird and creepy how some posters seem so concerned about their fellow fans. If you are such a super fan go to the game, cheer, and be happy. Why are so many of you so concerned about what other fans do? They post about how much they hate this about them, how much they hate that about them, they suck, they are lame, they don’t do this, they don’t do that, why don’t they do this, why don’t they do that, the students this, the students that.

Again I think this is just venting to distract from what could be a really ugly stretch for this team if they haven’t figured it out. How else to explain they wait for the 2 most disappointing losses of the season with many more on the horizon if they don’t shape up to post non stop about the fans and the arena.

Reaction Score

Just for and giggles I went to the Texas website seeing you flipped on your tv and got all excited they had a good crowd for Kansas and saw it as another opportunity to light your hair on fire about our fan base.

The Erwin Center seats 16,540 for basketball. For 2 recent weekend Saturday games against Iowa State and Oklahoma State they had 13,656 and 13,203. And that’s the reported crowds so likely even smaller. But about 3000 empty seats for weekend games. Tuesday game at home vs Kansas State? 11,498. This is normal every where with few exceptions. And this is a happening city like Austin in a massive state like Texas with no Covid restrictions.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
There are plenty of nice singles still available directly through UConn. Looks like face value is around $67 including all fees and costs.

Looks like you can get a pair in the lower level behind the hoops on StubHub for around $50 per ticket all in.

I'd watch the ticket exchange forum on this board (or maybe even post there) or just head to the game a bit early and look for people selling.

Or wait for @August_West to invite you.
I got tired of the rejections :)

Reaction Score
Lots of people have no desire to be in an enclosed arena with 10,000 people and Covid still spreading.
Very fair. Hartford is within a part of the country that is taking the endemic very conservatively.

It is what it is and people in CT act differently about covid than a lot of the areas where you see filled seats on TV.

For me, I got trigger happy and purchased season tickets despite living in Norwalk. I thought I’d be able to make it out to weekday games, but with my coaching schedule (I have an away game in NY), I wouldn’t be able to leave my school in Greenwich today until at least 5:15. No way I’d get to my seat until 7:00.

I’m very excited for heading up to Gampel next Saturday! It’ll be my first game there since the Florida game, which was arguably the most fun I had at a UConn game since graduating.

Reaction Score
Of course a huge crowd would help. Nothing Hurley said is wrong--he's just terrible at PR.

Calling out the fanbase for not showing up is not how you get more people to show up. like @BGesus4 said, there's a reason why every coach thinks they have the best fanbase in the world... it's because they know that creating a positive vibe with the program wherever possible is how you ACTUALLY fill seats.
I agree, and if you look around the country there are coaches out there doing much more to build relationships with students/fans and create that home court advantage he is asking for. I understand this might not be Hurley's personality, but there are much better things he can do to try to fill the seats than complain in his media session the day before the game.

Reaction Score

This was a decade ago...lol. We'd really have to ask students to get a sense for what kind of work he's done to engage them. I have no idea--my classes are all in Hartford. My fiance teaches in Storrs, but is rarely on campus other than the few hours to teach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom