Flash sale: $10 Upper Level tickets for 2/8 Marquette game | The Boneyard

Flash sale: $10 Upper Level tickets for 2/8 Marquette game

Reaction Score
Thinking about getting tickets. Can I get much better seats on StubHub without paying too much?

Reaction Score
Thinking about getting tickets. Can I get much better seats on StubHub without paying too much?
100 sections are around $30 on Stub Hub right now versus $8 for the 200s with this flash sale

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There are plenty of nice singles still available directly through UConn. Looks like face value is around $67 including all fees and costs.

Looks like you can get a pair in the lower level behind the hoops on StubHub for around $50 per ticket all in.

I'd watch the ticket exchange forum on this board (or maybe even post there) or just head to the game a bit early and look for people selling.

Or wait for @August_West to invite you.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Not really. You’ll get hammered for fees using the third party sites - they’ll advertise a seat at $20 and when you check out its $40.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
100 sections are around $30 on Stub Hub right now versus $8 for the 200s with this flash sale
Lowest I saw for a pair in the 100s after fees and costs was $39 per ticket.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not really. You’ll get hammered for fees using the third party sites - they’ll advertise a seat at $20 and when you check out its $40.
But people sell below face on StubHub sometimes just to get rid of tickets they can't use. The fees can be brutal, but if you set your filters to show you the prices including fees and costs you see the total price before selecting the seats.

Craigslist can be a good way to avoid fees, but it can also be dicey so you need to make sure you're not dealing with a scammer. I've never been burned but it can take some effort to suss people out.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Just bought 2 $8 tickets that came out to $28 after fees and "mobile delivery".

Kinda concerning the school is in this situation to chop prices to fill seats, it might be pretty empty there tomorrow.

Hopefully those that are there tomorrow are loud to make up for it.

Reaction Score
Just bought 2 $8 tickets that came out to $28 after fees and "mobile delivery".

Kinda concerning the school is in this situation to chop prices to fill seats, it might be pretty empty there tomorrow.

Hopefully those that are there tomorrow are loud to make up for it.
Looking at the ticket map on the website it looks like they have sold a good amount more than the Creighton game, but still not close to a sellout. 12-13K is my guess which could still make for a very good atmosphere if the fans are kept engaged.

Reaction Score
So it’s kinda like when we played Tulsa, I guess.

Seriously, what happened to all the people who would go to NEWBIE games? Remember all the posts about how the AAC killed turnout? Now we’re selling tix to see the 17th ranked team in the country for less than the cost of a microbrew at the XL? I know this sounds like I’m being a jerk, but I am really shocked by this. 11,000 for the last game at XL, 6600 for the last game at Gampel, $10 seats to pump up the gate for ranked Marquette Where we’ll maybe get 12,000. I honestly and truly am shocked. I never believed the hype but honestly, this is pathetic. I mean, I guess students werent back for Gampel, but we live in Connecticut, not Texas. 70% of the student body comes from in state. Can’t get to Storrs for a game? Sad. Just sad.

Reaction Score
Put me squarely in the "stop complaining and coach the team" camp. People don't respond to negativity like this. You want fans? Win games, win more games. Put talent in the league. Recruit talent that will go to the league.

Fan enthusiasm is low for a lot of reasons. Whining isn't going to solve that.
I hear you. I haven’t listened to the entire press conference to know the context of this statement, but I’m not sure this is Hurley whining. He had another quote, according to Borges, stating that not having the chance to practice as much at the XL is a BS excuse.

I’m just as frustrated as everyone right now, but I read this as let’s rally as a fanbase for the team right now because they could use it. I’m all in for these guys tomorrow; headed up with three others.

TL;DR - I think Hurley just knows what a huge crowd could do for some of our guys tomorrow and isn’t necessarily whining.

Reaction Score
At Gampel this year the upper level chairbacks across from the team benches have been 1/3 empty this year. Chairbacks! It has been very surprising. I assume/hope it is covid or bad start times (8:30) but it is not good.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Put me squarely in the "stop complaining and coach the team" camp. People don't respond to negativity like this. You want fans? Win games, win more games. Put talent in the league. Recruit talent that will go to the league.

Fan enthusiasm is low for a lot of reasons. Whining isn't going to solve that.
Yeah I think he’s right but to your point his angle is never going to work.

There’s a reason almost every coach “thinks” they have the “best fans in the world”.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Then I will make it my business to attend.
This is the first time since 2014 UConn has a game between two ranked opponents at home. If you can get to the game tomorrow, no excuse not to go
I’ll be there with 6 others, and as always if you see an airbud jersey I’ll buy you a beer.

Unless you’re a creep.

Reaction Score
I just looked back and 10,000 for St Johns, 7400 for Georgetown. These are Original big East members. Supposedly teams everybody wanted to see again. From what I could find the one and only full house was Providence. I’m going to bet that the Friar fans contributed to that. For all the bs about joining the New Big East, we actually drew better crowds for some cupcake games than for NEWBIE opponents at Gampel. Just shows what a small group of determined fans can accomplish. Make up a story line and stick to it with fierce conviction.

Reaction Score
The team is lacking appeal and star power. Younger fans want to see guys like Bouk. Inconsistency is the #1 characteristic of this team. On top of that, CT has been a very covid cautious state and much of the fan base is aging. I’d guess covid and cold nights are keeping some older folks home this season.

Reaction Score
I just looked back and 10,000 for St Johns, 7400 for Georgetown. These are Original big East members. Supposedly teams everybody wanted to see again. From what I could find the one and only full house was Providence. I’m going to bet that the Friar fans contributed to that. For all the bs about joining the New Big East, we actually drew better crowds for some cupcake games than for NEWBIE opponents at Gampel. Just shows what a small group of determined fans can accomplish. Make up a story line and stick to it with fierce conviction.
Gampel Pavilion capacity is 10,167 last I checked...

I just bought two tickets for tomorrow. Think this will be my fifth or sixth game at XL of the season. Haven't made it up to Storrs yet, but hoping to get there at some point.

$14 after fees for tickets is a fine deal. Those upper level XL seats are not good.

Edit: Regarding the quoted post, guessing 10k was a typo because it looks like attendance for that St John's game was less than 7k.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom