Flash Flood Watch Today

C

Chief00

4E6E05C0-A9F2-4288-9E15-852541ED93BD.png

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Chief is the boneyards Hans Brinker.

Time to take the finger out of the dike, dutch boy.

Let the Dam break and the waters wash over us.

Reaction Score
Heard a profusion of noise early this morning...was that a "Knight" rain?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
People are unsure how to pronounce his name. Let’s make it official and name thee “THE BLUE KNIGHT”

C

Chief00

Does anyone remember that time back in the year 2000 when I predicted on whichever version of the Boneyard that existed that LeBron James would go to UConn?

I feel foolish about that prediction and appreciate that no one still brings it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
@storrsroars, I found this unlistenable upon its release, and am curious as to what it sounds like today. Maybe I'll give "Live Rhymin' " a listen as well.

Mostly, I remember 1974 for Patty Hearst's kidnapping, Nixon's resignation, The National Lampoon Radio Hour, 41 games at Fenway Park, America's pre-"Jaws" cinematic heyday, 'discovering' (apart from my friends) Steely Dan, Little Feat, Randy Newman, Big Star, Mott the Hoople, and seeing Bruce Springsteen in a small bar in Cambridge called either Joe's Place or Charlie's Place...the joys of dropping out of college for a semester & following summer. A flood of memories.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Ah- the Planet Waves era and the Band joined him at the LA Coliseum
I think this was Dylan's first live album
Not even the Dead could compliment Dylan the way that the Band could - magic
Great memories

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Ah- the Planet Waves era and the Band joined him at the LA Coliseum
I think this was Dylan's first live album
Not even the Dead could compliment Dylan the way that the Band could - magic
Great memories

Rolling Thunder was better than the Band as far as complimenting Dylan.

But none of that really makes a difference. The success of a collaboration amounted to Dylans level of engagement. He was not engaged at all in 87 when he was out with the Dead. He wasnt terribly engaged in the 74 Before the Flood/Band tour either. He was fully engaged in 75-76 RTR and only slightly engaged in the 84-86 Tom Perry and the heartbreakers tours

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Just saw my first Flood and it's a bad one.

FLood-last-game.jpg

Curiouser
Reaction Score

But none of that really makes a difference. The success of a collaboration amounted to Dylans level of engagement. He was not engaged at all in 87 when he was out with the Dead. He wasnt terribly engaged in the 74 Before the Flood/Band tour either. He was fully engaged in 75-76 RTR and only slightly engaged in the 84-86 Tom Perry and the heartbreakers tours
Although the material from his born-again Christian phase in 1979-81 is widely-panned critically, I've always had a soft spot for the Slow Train Coming album, as well as "Pressing On" from Saved and "Every Grain of Sand" from Shot of Love. I picked up the deluxe box set of Trouble No More (Bootleg Series Vol. 13) and have been very pleasantly surprised by how engaged he was performing that material live with the band he had at that time. I believe the touring band featured Spooner Oldham on keys, Jim Keltner on drums, a slew of backup singers and, most surprisingly to me, ripping contributions from Fred Tackett on guitar.

Reaction Score
Back when Janeane Garofalo was funny...
"There were no utensils in medieval times, hence there are no utensils AT Medieval Times. Would you like a refill on that Pepsi?"

They had no forks but they had Pepsi?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Rolling Thunder was a bigger version of the Band and the stuff Dylan did with Rolling Thunder is classic - that I agree
I think that the components of the Band with some brass and their overall sound, etc have been a better fit for Dylan while I think some of Dylans songs lend themselves greatly to the Dead and JG in particular
The 87 Dead/Dylan tour, while it had some highlights, was a disaster and that was attributable to both artists - bad timing I guess.
I can't fully agree with the 74 Dylan/Band tour - Dylan was a bit juiced up with his Planet Waves release done in collaboration with the band during late 73- a truly under appreciated album
Doing the gigs and studio work with The Band just honed him better for the great RTR stuff to come a year later

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom