Flagg to Duke. Official | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Flagg to Duke. Official

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
One more thing. Making the official visit to us when Dook football was in town, clearly looks like a troll job to me. All these nice things people were saying. Say what ever you want about what a great kid he is. Taking the visit when he did in hindsight……how can anyone not at least think it was some type of troll…..there is a part of me that says we should have thought of every excuse as to why that weekend would not work. If it was trolling and he was playing us …..let’s hope Karma is our win.

Reaction Score
One more thing. Making the official visit to us when Dook football was in town, clearly looks like a troll job to me. All these nice things people were saying. Say what ever you want about what a great kid he is. Taking the visit when he did in hindsight……how can anyone not at least think it was some type of troll…..there is a part of me that says we should have thought of every excuse as to why that weekend would not work. If it was trolling and he was playing us …..let’s hope Karma is our win.

You think he was trolling us because he visited for the Duke football game?

Dude, it isn't that deep. He's 16 and has showcase events every other weekend. He came when it worked for his schedule.

Stop being ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pouring all of our resources into Ngongba and Flagg and getting neither
Agree. Seem like Duke, Kentucky and Kansas recruit every top 30 recruit knowing they won’t strike gold with every offer they make. I get quality (the right kids for us) over quantity is how we do it, but 0-2 isn’t good either.

Reaction Score
The Grandparents, as well as the rest of the family, being Duke fans was the biggest red flag; best of luck to him. The season starts in a week and we're looking pretty @#$%^& good.

Reaction Score
This is what I meant in my previous comment. Per 247:
==================
Flagg is the first No. 1-ranked recruit Scheyer has landed since being named head coach. His commitment immediately gives the Blue Devils the top class in the country, a feat that Scheyer has already accomplished with his 2022 recruiting class…

He joins two five-star commitments in Kon Knueppel and Isaiah Evans as well as four-star sniper Darren Harris at Duke. Also, the Blue Devils may not be done yet as the look to reel in VJ Edgecombe, Patrick Ngongba II and Dylan Harper.

If Scheyer somehow lands each of the next top three recruits on Duke's board, then this will be the highest rated recruiting class in the history of 247Sports.
=================
Should I be worried about the pressure this places on poor Jon Scheyer?! And it took him a whole 2 years before he was able to sign the #1 player? I’m just weeping with empathy.

Reaction Score
My final comment, and then I’ll crawl back into my hole:

This reminds me a lot of Kevin Durant blowing off Russell Westbrook and his teammates at OKC, to sign as a free agent with Steph and Golden State.

Just saying.

Reaction Score
I'll root for him after Duke gets knocked out of the rd of 32 as a 2 seed, until the end of his NBA career.

Yeah same. I’ll root for him as soon as he leaves Duke as a Maine kid. And hopefully as a Celtic one day.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
You think he was trolling us because he visited for the Duke football game?

Dude, it isn't that deep. He's 16 and has showcase events every other weekend. He came when it worked for his schedule.

You're making an ass of yourself.
Ok your opinion. Take the high ground. If this process does not leave at least some questions in your mind good for you. I would say that was a little naive but then again my fault for reading all the insider posts on the BY. We never really had a chance but similar to another post I made on the topic. When the girl you really want to go on a date with strings you along before finally coming clean…you kind of wish she would have said no at the beginning. We really never had a chance and since I am not an insider my reaction I think is consistent with what many are thinking but unwilling to say….because I knew exactly what and where the less than positive responses were going to be coming from. In closing do you believe in bulletin board material…do you think DH is in his office only thinking oh well it is what it is. I mean he knew last week or maybe even before that, but the point being as a competitor it’s a loss. Losing a recruit will not break him or anything like that. But after 24 years since we beat them the first time in the end we are still chasing them. Also as noted I will no longer spend emotional energy caring about our chances on recruits.

Reaction Score
Hurley's offense last year was great, we had the right players for it, and none were 5 star rated. On defensive end, Hurley uses a great switching plan and he really emphasizes it too, again with same players. So, while this hurts to lose out on Flagg, even if we had to play someday against Duke with Flagg and against all the other 5-stars that Duke might have, our chances to win would still be good even if we only had 4-star recruits. Because Hurley can coach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As per ESPN this morning.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Season 6 No GIF by The Masked Singer

Reaction Score
As of a few months ago, it was expected we'd go 0/3 on Betsey, Flagg, and Ngongba. It stings a bit, but it's not a surprise. When we get a 1 seed this season, we should have the pick of the portal.
We didn’t even have the pick of the portal after winning the championship :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom