Fixing the athletic department | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fixing the athletic department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think WBB does move us closer. Is it a huge factor? No. But its icing on the cake compared to what other universities offer. Most conferences hate the Title IX stuff, adding a crown jewel WBB program is a good look in the times of Baylor etc.

It'd be a lot better if those WBB fans decided to support the rest of the AD. I'm not even talking tickets or donations. Some of the comments they make about our basketball and football student-athletes sound like they'd be more appropriate coming from BC or Cuse fans.

Reaction Score
Many NCAA Hockey programs are revenue generators, including numerous ones in Hockey East. Dropping the hockey program right now would make the athletic department appear to be in a state of disarray and in shambles. They just invested a lot of resources into making it a revenue generator, and it's on the path to being there if it's not already. Why in the world would you drop a program that's drawing top 25% attendance numbers nationally and competing in the top conference in the nation? Also, it's your program that has the lowest travel costs. As of next year, zero conference road trips require a flight.

I wouldn't drop it or any of the sports. I love hockey played all my life. But it's not a P5 sport except for the B1G and we're planning to spend a bundle on a new facility. Track requires a track, coaches and a few schollies. Just seems like random ideas thrown against the wall when the real issue is stupid coaching hires that a handful of people on this board could have avoided. My point is the AD doesn't need "fixing" just the FB Program. All these other sports have been doing just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek
Top Bottom