FiveThirtyEight 2019 March Madness Predictions for NCAA Women | The Boneyard

FiveThirtyEight 2019 March Madness Predictions for NCAA Women

Reaction Score
I think Baylor has the best road to the national title

I will look forward to seeing Gustafson vs baylors bigs

Will be interesting to see that Oregon Miss St rematch

Reaction Score
It is expected that Baylor and Notre Dame's overall chances of winning are higher than the other top teams because they don't face as tough an opponent in the EE. The other regionals have Louisville vs UConn and Mississippi St vs Oregon.

The probabilities for 1 and 2 Seeds to make the Elite 8 are similar though.
Notre Dame 90%
Mississippi St. 88%
UConn 88%
Baylor 87%
Oregon 85%
Louisville 75%
Stanford 56%
Iowa 42%

From their 'Download Forecast Data' you can view the team ratings.

Notre Dame 106.24
Baylor 105.81
Connecticut 104.53
Mississippi State 102.18
Oregon 100.19
Louisville 99.65
Stanford 95.49
Iowa 92.14

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I'll be surprised if Iowa makes it to the Elite 8.... its not an easy road for them.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

SECBBfan...your avatar has changed...and gotten more emphatic! That's a HUGE and thick red line now.

As for Iowa...before Gustafson faces Baylor's bigs, she'll have to go up against Cunane for NC State (assuming the Wolfpack Women emerge from the Raleigh pod). That is a matchup worth seeing. Someone's career (either Gustafson for Iowa...or Kiara Leslie and DD Rogers for NC State) will end in that matchup.

Reaction Score
As for Iowa...before Gustafson faces Baylor's bigs, she'll have to go up against Cunane for NC State (assuming the Wolfpack Women emerge from the Raleigh pod). That is a matchup worth seeing. Someone's career (either Gustafson for Iowa...or Kiara Leslie and DD Rogers for NC State) will end in that matchup.

Have to go with NC State in this one. I was raised to be immediately against anything Swedish.

Reaction Score
Even Swedish Meatballs!
For helvede. We have Danish meatballs (Frikadeller), and we don't accept inferior substitutes.
4_880.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
For helvede. We have Danish meatballs (Frikadeller), and we don't accept inferior substitutes.
4_880.jpg
Wow! That looks just like my stove and skillet. For a second I thought you took this photo from me :)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Almost every year I think Baylor is going to make the Final Four, but if Baylor somehow finds a way to lose in regionals again....it'll be truly impressive this time.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Almost every year I think Baylor is going to make the Final Four, but if Baylor somehow finds a way to lose in regionals again....it'll be truly impressive this time.
Agreed. And perhaps most auspicious of all, no Oregon State in their regional. You just know Rueck owns outright half of Kim Mulkey's headspace at this point.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
4_880.jpg

You're making me hungry! Okay, I was already hungry, but those look really good.

Reaction Score
my two best friends live in Ballerup and I love Fricadella

I have relatives very close to Ballerup. My family was originally from Skane County, which is now southern Sweden. When the Swedes took over in 1658 from Denmark, many of them escaped to Bornholm Island where most of them still live.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom