Five unanswered questions for the UConn women’s basketball team as official practices get underway | The Boneyard

Five unanswered questions for the UConn women’s basketball team as official practices get underway

Reaction Score
Good article - thank you.

While of course all us UConn fans are hopeful, but as the article points out there are many very serious & legitimate questions that must fall into place for UConn to maintain the standard of performance we have all been blessed with (and perhaps take for granted) these many years. Even then, we will be an injury away from disappointment.

The coaching staff does an amazing job year-after-year of meshing all the new ingredients into successful performance, and credit too the talent & flexibility to work together of the players - but I'm hopeful, not at all certain per this season's chances.

Reaction Score
Lots of teams make the final four with a lot less. The only thing this year's team needs is experience playing in the UConn system together. UConn returns 3 starters and their 6th man from last year. Imagine what Notre Dame faces replacing their entire starting 5.

Reaction Score
Can't access. Care to copy relevant sections here? When does practice actually start?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Can't access. Care to copy relevant sections here? When does practice actually start?

As @Biff said, can't extract the article but this is the date of first practice.

'Preseason action is about to be underway, as the UConn women’s team officially began practice Monday with the American Athletic Conference Media Day and First Night scheduled for the week after'.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I can't read it either - it says i've reached my limit for the month for free articles. I don't recall reading any Courant articles in the past month - i live in Los Angeles. But don't think there have been that many links to Courant articles on the BY either...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I can't read it either - it says I've reached my limit for the month for free articles. I don't recall reading any Courant articles in the past month - I live in Los Angeles. But don't think there have been that many links to Courant articles on the BY either...

I was able to open it, I'm in L.A. too. I use 2 internet browsers: Opera and Firefox. In emergencies I use Microsoft. My computer repair man told me to avoid using Microsoft if at all possible.

It will help if you clean the cookies from your internet browser. That’s how websites keep track of how many times you access their website. Erase the cookies, you essentially start back at zero.

A good FREE program for that is "CCLEANER" It's what I use. It's FREE and it works great. I've been using it for years, and it's upgraded (new versions) frequently. ;)

Also You might try using a different computer if you have one.

Also try using your cell phone to log into the BY, then try to access the article. I do it all the time. Most of the time during the day, I access the BY on my phone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't read it either - it says i've reached my limit for the month for free articles. I don't recall reading any Courant articles in the past month - i live in Los Angeles. But don't think there have been that many links to Courant articles on the BY either...

Try to open the link in Incognito mode.

Reaction Score

Anybody who wants a work around for restricted access articles, you can use a cleaner app like Evernote Clearly.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Will Westbrook play seems to be on everyone’s mind.

And rightly so. Her eligibility this year would have a HUGE impact on UConn's success and program goals.

Reaction Score
Or give The Courant 99 cents and help keep newspapers alive....

And then get inundated with phone calls and have random charges show up on my cc bill months after cancelling? No thanks I'll continue to use the app.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
And then get inundated with phone calls and have random charges show up on my cc bill months after cancelling? No thanks I'll continue to use the app.
I subscribe to the Courant every basketball season, and then cancel it because it has little to offer to me living in Alabama. Does not cost much, and they need the money to keep the paper going. I do not get unwanted phone calls, and my credit card is never billed randomly by the Courant. And I do not have to be a parasite , leeching off the honest work of others. Seems a small price to pay for news on the team that I want to receive. :)

Reaction Score
I've tried to get it delivered several times over the years but, no home delivery in West Haven. Odd because (I understand) they print the New Haven Register.
No problem with NY Times or the Wall Street Journal (other than editorial perspective).
Yes, I'm a dinosaur - still like getting my hands dirty with a real paper.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've tried to get it delivered several times over the years but, no home delivery in West Haven. Odd because (I understand) they print the New Haven Register.
No problem with NY Times or the Wall Street Journal (other than editorial perspective).
Yes, I'm a dinosaur - still like getting my hands dirty with a real paper.
You and me both. And if one more person tells me I should look into an electronic subscription I'm going to go postal.

Carnac

Reaction Score
This is the 4th day of practice. We should be getting an "inside" report or two from Courant beat writer Alexa Phillipou, about the goings on at practice. I'd especially like to know how the new additions to the team are doing their first week. A brief interview with Geno would also be nice with respect to his thoughts and concerns after the first 4 days of official practice. :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And rightly so. Her eligibility this year would have a HUGE impact on UConn's success and program goals.
I admit, I just do not understand the BY belief that Westbrook’s eligibility is critical for UConn success next season. Westbrook is a excellent player but she is not, IMO, a gamechanger. I watched her play at Tenn surrounded by other excellent players and she certainly was not a game changer for Tenn. UConn success, IMO, is tied directly to Geno, if the fire is still there, UConn will be successful regardless of the eligibility of Westbrook.

Reaction Score
I admit, I just do not understand the BY belief that Westbrook’s eligibility is critical for UConn success next season. Westbrook is a excellent player but she is not, IMO, a gamechanger. I watched her play at Tenn surrounded by other excellent players and she certainly was not a game changer for Tenn. UConn success, IMO, is tied directly to Geno, if the fire is still there, UConn will be successful regardless of the eligibility of Westbrook.

I cannot speak for others on the Boneyard, but while Evina may not be a “game changer”, she is definitely an impact player and answers our question about who should be the 5th starter. I watched her at Tenn and she was very good with little coaching. I would even dare to say bad coaching from Holly. She has a lot of untapped potential that Geno and CD can pull out of her.

With Evina, we are legitimate title contenders, without her I think we our ceiling is another final four. Not a bad ceiling but boy would I love to see another banner hung, and for Crystal to go out on top!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom