Five things we learned from Huskies overseas trip | The Boneyard

Five things we learned from Huskies overseas trip

Reaction Score
From Borges.

Four of UConn's starting five for all three games were about as expected: Karaban, Newton, Clingan and sharpshooting Rutgers transfer Cam Spencer. Diarra, a senior, was a bit of a surprise as starting point guard, especially with McDonald's All-American and potential one-and-done lottery pick Stephon Castle now on board. In truth, it made a lot of sense. Diarra is a respected, steady veteran. To simply hand over the starting point guard reins to Castle, even with his credentials, might not be the best way to go about things. Dan Hurley seemingly wants Castle to earn the starting job.

Castle certainly earned it in Europe, leading the team in scoring (16.6 ppg) despite coming off the bench. Not known as a great shooter, he shot 18-for-29 from the floor and 3-for-7 from 3. Worry not, folks. Barring any injuries, UConn's starting five in its season opener in November will be Karaban, Newton, Clingan, Stewart and Castle. Book it.

Note: 100% certain he means Spencer and not Stewart.

Alternate access sites aren't working. But if you right click on this link in Chrome and "Open link in incognito window" this should work:

Reaction Score
Even it is for a few minutes, I like Diarra starting. Diarra is fine except when he gets going to fast. I think being in the presence of the other starting four might help keep this from happening and settle him down for the rest of the game. I wouldn't want him speeding up the 2nd team with 3 freshman and another guy who hasn't been on the court much yet to date, but Hurley expects big things from.
I still think Castle wins the job outright, if he hasn't already, but this may also show Diarra that Hurley trusts him and help keep at a good tempo.

Reaction Score
6. Paella is way overrated
The Office Lie GIF

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You are not familiar with sublime wonders of Socarrat? Pedestrian Paella is overrated. The best examples are knee buckling.

He's right. It's overrated because too often it's not done correctly. So if you randomly go to a restaurant and order it the product quality varies widely.

And yes, a good paella dish is as good of a meal as you can get anywhere on this planet.

Reaction Score
He's right. It's overrated because too often it's not done correctly. So if you randomly go to a restaurant and order it the product quality varies widely.

And yes, a good paella dish is as good of a meal as you can get anywhere on this planet.
This is like saying hamburgers are overrated because McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's sell more of them than anyone else.

Agree to disagree.

Reaction Score
Nah. I miss Costa del Sol!
Costa del Sol was my go to for Paella. Also Max's Oyster bar in West Hartford. But the best is my brother in-laws's. Much more seafood when you make it yourself.

Reaction Score
Do you just not like rice dishes? How about Biryani, Jambalaya, Risotto?

Maybe it's the seafood you don't like?
Original paella is made with rabbit, chicken, and beans mixed with rice.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're good, but we already knew that. I expect at least 8 guys to get significant minutes, doesn't matter who's starting

Play well, you get minutes. In Andrea's husband I trust

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom