Five Players Added to Wade List | The Boneyard

Five Players Added to Wade List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This list is definitely too long! If they cannot figure out a short list soon, they might as well just put every player on it.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Agree, Moriah wouldn't win the award. However, how do you add Courtney Williams over Moriah? There are probably only two or three guards on the list that I would take over Moriah and that would only be if I was evaluating guards for the WNBA. For Geno's system she's the best PG on the list.

True she should be on the list. But in reality, the number of players in the running for the award is less than five. How many would bet against either Stewart of Lloyd winning the award.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Agree, Moriah wouldn't win the award. However, how do you add Courtney Williams over Moriah? There are probably only two or three guards on the list that I would take over Moriah and that would only be if I was evaluating guards for the WNBA. For Geno's system she's the best PG on the list.

Politics!!!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
True she should be on the list. But in reality, the number of players in the running for the award is less than five. How many would bet against either Stewart of Lloyd winning the award.

Agreed. *Maybe* Zahui B has a chance if she throws up nothing but 30-20s the rest of the way, but otherwise it's Stewart or Loyd.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's kind of a spread-the-representation-around type of list, and really the main list for MoJeff is the Lieberman. And this kind of token representation is all over sports. If you were choosing 64 teams to battle for the WCBB national championship, you would never choose a team from the SWAC.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree that Moriah should be on the list. I think she's a top 10-15 player.

I question 2 or 3 of the additions.

I agree that it's a 2-player race. I think Stewie and Jewell may split some of the NPOY awards.

It's interesting to see the 4 sophomores on the list and no freshmen.

Given that the senior class is supposed to be weak, there are a lot of seniors on the list.

Reaction Score
The only reason that Moriah is not on this list is an aversion to putting three players from the same team on the list and an attempt to ward off accusations of pro-UConn bias. Let's pretend that Jefferson doesn't play for UConn. You have a kid who, as a point guard for one of the premier teams in the country, is averaging 12 points a game on 57% shooting from the floor, 49% from three, and 81% from the FT line. She's averaging almost 5 assists per game with a 3/1 A/TO. She's averaging about 2 and a half steals per game and, by the way, she's one of the best lock-down defenders at her position in the county. All in 27 minutes of play. Is there really any doubt that she's one of the top 30 players in the country?

In Jefferson and Tuck, the best team in the country has, somewhat counter-intuitively, two of the most underrated players on teams in the top 25. A November hiccup aside, we're about 20 points better than anyone else. It should stand to reason that we might have more talent than other teams. But according to the experts at the WBCA, UConn accomplished that with only two top 30 players, the same number as Minnesota, Cal, Baylor, Tennessee, and South Carolina. Right.

EDIT: You'd think that if Geno took his team to a one loss (so far) season, dominated the number 2 and 3 teams by 20 points apiece, and only had two top 30 players to do it, that he might get NCOY. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom