FIU Replay | The Boneyard

FIU Replay

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Thanks so much @Storrs South and @huskymedic. Despite the incredibly poor production value, it was great to see the whole game instead of just the highlights and it showed me a lot more than what I could get from the box score alone (or from being in the Chat room during the game - yuck). In particular, more and more impressed with Justin Joly, our OL / DL in general, and the continued development of our defensive secondary.

The fact that we finished this game with our 4th/5th string running backs, our 3rd string QB and WR's (other than A Turner) who weren't even on the depth chart at the beginning of the season yet still managed to win convincingly while on the road is hard to imagine. Also thought Z Turner did a good job of "managing the game" - more attempts down the field, in the middle and some good scrambling and made several very important 3rd down conversions through the air in obvious passing situations. Plenty of room for improvement but I'm very happy with how he's developing.

Reaction Score
Replay somehow seemed better than watching it live. They're going to have tighten up the pass defense if they're going to beat Ball State who likes to pass the ball. FIU had too many guys break free in the secondary

Reaction Score
Thanks so much @Storrs South and @huskymedic. Despite the incredibly poor production value, it was great to see the whole game instead of just the highlights and it showed me a lot more than what I could get from the box score alone (or from being in the Chat room during the game - yuck). In particular, more and more impressed with Justin Joly, our OL / DL in general, and the continued development of our defensive secondary.

The fact that we finished this game with our 4th/5th string running backs, our 3rd string QB and WR's (other than A Turner) who weren't even on the depth chart at the beginning of the season yet still managed to win convincingly while on the road is hard to imagine. Also thought Z Turner did a good job of "managing the game" - more attempts down the field, in the middle and some good scrambling and made several very important 3rd down conversions through the air in obvious passing situations. Plenty of room for improvement but I'm very happy with how he's developing.
It's been great to see Zion Turner, Rosa and now Joly contribute.... I keep reminding myself we have 3 more years after this year with the trio. Awfully bright future. None of them really were expected to play much if at all this year and all have exceeded first-year expectations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom