fitting ending to the MLB regular season... | The Boneyard

fitting ending to the MLB regular season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Red Sox are home for the winter. My Yankees already had their spot in the playoffs locked up and you could tell, with our triple A club on the field that we weren't trying to do the Sox any favors. The Red Sox didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. On the NL side the Braves didn't either.

Reaction Score
When he was asked what happened out there tonight, It was insulting to hear Adrian Gonzalez say that God didn't want the Red Sox to win.

Reaction Score
When he was asked what happened out there tonight, It was insulting to hear Adrian Gonzalez say that God didn't want the Red Sox to win.

He was using injuries as an excuse he said if Dice K was healthy they would have had 10 more wins lol. Well the 2009 Yankees overcame Chien Mieng Wangs injury.

Reaction Score
The most amazing last day of the season I've ever seen. Absolutely amazing....you couldn't write fiction this good.

Doesn't hurt to be a Yankee fan either.:cool:

Reaction Score
The most amazing last day of the season I've ever seen. Absolutely amazing....you couldn't write fiction this good.

Was an amazing end to a baseball season. I haven't started calling people yet, but with any luck I have a few less brothers in law than I had going into last night.

Reaction Score
Boston born and bred guy myself. Couldn't be more embarrassed for this team. Pathetic.
Kudos to the Rays, who are deservedly headed to the post-season.
Not happy that the record books will reflect that our Beantown teams have suffered apocalyptic
collapses in recent history, Bruins vs Phil, NE vs Buff, and now this, the worst collapse ever in baseball history?
My gloominess is tempered by the recent Bruins Cup win, and the sheer amount of flags and banners and trophies in our
teams cases. We will rise again.

Attachments

• ESPN cover.jpg
    ESPN cover.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 59
Reaction Score

+1 ... Totally agree... The intensity of the Red Sox and Tampa Bay games were so high... and, almost, instaneously, both games ended nearly the same time in dramatic fashion... 3 minutes after the Orioles won TB won... incredible...

Reaction Score
Gotta question about Papelbon... Has he always had that "routine" just before he throws a pitch? He reminds me of the guy that played Jack Parkman on the movie "Major League 2" he starts by looking down then slowwwly raising his head (You can actualy hear in your head that wild wild west music from those old western movies, the moment before the shoot out happens ).. He looks all intense then starts the wind up.. In Major League 2, Jack Parkman is in the batters box and does that same thing.. only difference is he had a cocky look on his face once he raised his head.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom