Fisher:''I still think we were better than Connecticut when they won the national championship,'' | The Boneyard

Fisher:''I still think we were better than Connecticut when they won the national championship,''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coach Steve Fisher has never watched the tape of the Aztecs' loss to Connecticut as a No. 2 seed in the 2011 regional semifinals at Honda Center. Fourth-seeded SDSU (31-4) is back in the regional for the first time since then.

''I still think we were better than Connecticut when they won the national championship,'' Fisher said Wednesday.

Jerk.

Reaction Score
Coach Steve Fisher has never watched the tape of the Aztecs' loss to Connecticut as a No. 2 seed in the 2011 regional semifinals at Honda Center. Fourth-seeded SDSU (31-4) is back in the regional for the first time since then.

''I still think we were better than Connecticut when they won the national championship,'' Fisher said Wednesday.

Jerk.

Yeah well, they weren't better on the day that they needed to be.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't disagree with him. San Diego State was the team in UConn's bracket that scared me the most. They were a very good team that could have definitely won the National Championship that year.

Scoreboard.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Couldn't they put up a banner or make a t-shirt or something?

"San Diego State: Better than UConn in 2011!"
They tried to, but Quse is already using all of the T-Shirt companies in America. I got a leak of their latest one: "25-0... That's worth something, right?"

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with him feeling that way.

Nothing wrong with him being wrong on the subject.

Reaction Score
Good thing perception is only 9/10 of reality.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
image.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Jerk.

All I heard was, "'I still think ... they won the national championship,'' Fisher said Wednesday.

Fisher is absolutely correct.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Jerk.
He is consistent. He said as much as the post game conference, but as Herm Edwars said, " YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom