Firsts and/or Interesting Facts | The Boneyard

Firsts and/or Interesting Facts

Reaction Score
Saw a few interesting stats and had a few thoughts based upon winning #5. Feel free to add anything you've seen, I'm sure there are a bunch more crazy factoids because we're so ridiculous is the way we pull these things off.

- We're the first team ever to win the national title and finish 1st in Kenpom, but not win either our conference regular season or conference tournament

- First team ever to win each NCAA tournament game by 13 points

- The Big East was so great in this year's tournament, that even if you removed our 6-0 record we would still have the 2nd best winning percentage of any major conference, trailing only the West Coast Conference

- Syracuse has won less NCAA titles in their entire history than we have won in the city of Houston.

- Speaking of Syracuse, everyone here knew we were going to accomplish some magical ish the minute Boeheim's career ended on a buzzer beater that made the final score 77-74 right?

Reaction Score
Winning #5 this year was amazing. Now I'm enjoying basking in learning about the history that was made. One fact I heard that I loved was that in the last 16 tournaments only three teams seeded #3 or higher have won it all:

#3 UConn 2011
#7 UConn 2014
#4 UConn 2023

Curious what fun championship facts have been heard by others.

Reaction Score
We should do a Boneyard GoFundMe and get this up on a billboard in Syracuse

"Syracuse has won less NCAA titles in their entire history than UConn has won in the city of Houston"

Reaction Score
UConn has now won a National Championship in four consecutive decades, the 90s, 00s, 10s, and 20s.

No Kentucky
No UCLA
No Kansas
No Duke*
No Indiana

None of them has accomplished this feat in their histories.

UNC has a streak of four decades and can get five with a NC in the 20s.
*Only Duke is on the doorstep with and can tie us with a NC this decade.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom