First weekend of official visits after dead period in the books. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First weekend of official visits after dead period in the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
No spitting match here my fellow Husky fan but I must have been under a rock for years now. I simply cannot recall UCONN ever having something one would consider a "monster" class. We were never recognized as even having one of the top classes in our conference. Hell if 2008 were what would be considerded a "monster" class they would have been upper classmen and at least gotten to a bowl in spite of Paul and George. This would possibly have them still here. I shudder at the thought.
Again not trying to be a "vampire" over your "monster" class but I have never seen either....
2008 featured 6 draft picks. That's a monster class. We don't get recognized for that because people only care about stars on the front end, instead of player evaluation on the back end. They were part of three 8-5 seasons before PP sunk the ship in their last 2 seasons.

Reaction Score
Our "monster" classes never ranked higher than 6 out of 8 Big East teams, and off the top of my head I'm pretty sure we were 7 or 8 out of 8 every year in the Big East except maybe one 6th. P actually did a decent job of bringing in "bigger" name kids than Edsall. We have 2 guys in the Big33 game coming in this year from P and he brought in Vann and Ashiru after only being here a month or so. Obviously P didn't do a great job on the field, but we can't rewrite history and pretend like he wasn't an upgrade in "scout/rivals" recruiting over Edsall. Edsall did more with 2 stars than anybody, but Whitmer, Boyle, and Cochran were all players that we didn't think we'd get with Edsall at the time and we were very happy to get them.

So far, Diaco has been able to hold on to some good prospects and was able to bring in 4 guys his first open weekend so we should be pleased. P has left him with some talented players. Realistically the only positions that we're lacking in right now are the OLine and running back, and I think the only reason we are down there was due to GDL being terribly bad at his job. Foley will has those units running fine in time put a win together against the Stormin' Mormons next season. Hopefully Diaco and company pull in a big get or two before signing day but I'm certainly not going to judge his recruiting on this first class. I'm pretty sure he and a few other guys on the staff were recruiting coordinators so theoretically we have reason for optimism.

Reaction Score
Our "monster" classes never ranked higher than 6 out of 8 Big East teams, and off the top of my head I'm pretty sure we were 7 or 8 out of 8 every year in the Big East except maybe one 6th. P actually did a decent job of bringing in "bigger" name kids than Edsall. We have 2 guys in the Big33 game coming in this year from P and he brought in Vann and Ashiru after only being here a month or so. Obviously P didn't do a great job on the field, but we can't rewrite history and pretend like he wasn't an upgrade in "scout/rivals" recruiting over Edsall. Edsall did more with 2 stars than anybody, but Whitmer, Boyle, and Cochran were all players that we didn't think we'd get with Edsall at the time and we were very happy to get them.

So far, Diaco has been able to hold on to some good prospects and was able to bring in 4 guys his first open weekend so we should be pleased. P has left him with some talented players. Realistically the only positions that we're lacking in right now are the OLine and running back, and I think the only reason we are down there was due to GDL being terribly bad at his job. Foley will has those units running fine in time put a win together against the Stormin' Mormons next season. Hopefully Diaco and company pull in a big get or two before signing day but I'm certainly not going to judge his recruiting on this first class. I'm pretty sure he and a few other guys on the staff were recruiting coordinators so theoretically we have reason for optimism.

I'm not going to judge him either about his recruiting this year. The extended dead period this year makes it even harder for new coaches.

The last class P brought in looks to pretty good, so we'll see how they're developed under Diaco.

Reaction Score
[
2008 featured 6 draft picks. That's a monster class. We don't get recognized for that because people only care about stars on the front end, instead of player evaluation on the back end. They were part of three 8-5 seasons before PP sunk the ship in their last 2 seasons.
Again no spitting match with you either huskypantz. The topic is in coming not out going. Two totally different subjects. One is a recruiting class which is the topic the other a drafting class (NFL) of which you make a good point about 08 but off topic here...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No spitting match here my fellow Husky fan but I must have been under a rock for years now. I simply cannot recall UCONN ever having something one would consider a "monster" class. We were never recognized as even having one of the top classes in our conference. Hell if 2008 were what would be considerded a "monster" class they would have been upper classmen and at least gotten to a bowl in spite of Paul and George. This would possibly have them still here. I shudder at the thought.
Again not trying to be a "vampire" over your "monster" class but I have never seen either....

The difference between you and me is I care what they do on the field and you are more concerned with what some fat BC fan at Rivals thinks about them.

As I noted in my post, we didn't know any of those 3 would be "monster" classes when they signed.

The 2004 class had 2 guys that had long pro careers and 2 more that made rosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom