First Visit to Yankee Stadium in 30 years | The Boneyard

First Visit to Yankee Stadium in 30 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I haven't been to the Bronx since Righetti's no-hitter on the 4th of July in 1983. I'm hoping for a better result on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but "the" Yankee Stadium is a parking lot. Maybe its your first visit to the new stadium.
I was going to say the same thing. It can't be like the old ball park. I saw one Red Sox- Yankee game there in 2004 and it was pretty cool. And I am a Red Sox fan. There is still nothing like Fenway Park.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The 'new' stadium is definitely more corporate...not as loud as the old stadium. More open though, hence the home run alleys (jet stream effects). Wonder how it will effect the passing/kicking games, if at all.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I was going to say the same thing. It can't be like the old ball park. I saw one Red Sox- Yankee game there in 2004 and it was pretty cool. And I am a Red Sox fan. There is still nothing like Fenway Park.

Old Yankee was more energized. With the new ballpark, there are so many areas for fans to stand and watch the game. When they do that (much like Rentschler), it means less fans in their seats and less crowd noise.

I'm a Yankee fan (mostly a fantasy baseball geek though) and Fenway and Wrigley Field are my two favorite parks that I've ever been to. Even better than the renovated edition of "old" Yankee Stadium.

Reaction Score
Boneyard Proposal: There is a sports bar down the right field line on the concourse of the upper deck. It is opposite the right field foul pole & has a magnificent view of the Manhattan skyline. Don't know if it will be accessible because, to date, upper deck seats aren't being sold. If it is opwn, it would be a great place for Yarders to meet at half time.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Old Yankee was more energized. With the new ballpark, there are so many areas for fans to stand and watch the game. When they do that (much like Rentschler), it means less fans in their seats and less crowd noise.

I'm a Yankee fan (mostly a fantasy baseball geek though) and Fenway and Wrigley Field are my two favorite parks that I've ever been to. Even better than the renovated edition of "old" Yankee Stadium.
You need to get down to Baltimore and out to Pittsburgh. Then take a few plane fights. AT&T Park, Kaufman Stadium and Miller Park are beautiful. Cleveland is pretty nice as well.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Boneyard Proposal: There is a sports bar down the right field line on the concourse of the upper deck. It is opposite the right field foul pole & has a magnificent view of the Manhattan skyline. Don't know if it will be accessible because, to date, upper deck seats aren't being sold. If it is opwn, it would be a great place for Yarders to meet at half time.

I'm sitting in 206 so this is close to me. I know what you're talking about. It's located more towards the first base side than RF. But yeah,it overlooks Manhattan.

Dooley

Reaction Score
You need to get down to Baltimore and out to Pittsburgh. Then take a few plane fights. AT&T Park, Kaufman Stadium and Miller Park are beautiful. Cleveland is pretty nice as well.

I'm embarrassed that I haven't been to Camden yet. I've been to Kaufman years ago (before their OF bleacher renovations) and it was beautiful. Really love the sports complex concept in KC. Petco Park in San Diego is my 3rd favorite. It's still the only sports venue where I've been able to drink a Grand Marnier while watching a game (top floor warehouse bar down the LF line). Also Citizens Bank in Philly was really nice. Cheesesteaks and baseball = can't beat that!

Baltimore, Pitt, SF are all on the bucket list. I went to old County Stadium in Milwaukee and lived out there while Miller was being built. Place is huge! Never been there for a game though. Would like to do a midwest tour and hit the parks I missed when I lived out there: Busch, Target, and Miller.

My least favorite, by far, is the Trop. Even worse than old Shea Stadium. HORRENDOUS atmosphere. But I'll always have a soft spot for that stadium thanks to Khalid El Amin and our '99 champs!

Husky25

Reaction Score
My least favorite, by far, is the Trop. Even worse than old Shea Stadium. HORRENDOUS atmosphere. But I'll always have a soft spot for that stadium thanks to Khalid El Amin and our '99 champs!

Least favorite that is still open is Oakland (Sponsors' name) Coliseum followed close by the Trop. Least favorite closed park is definitely Olympic Stadium, followed closely by the Metrodome. I've been to 24 former and past ball parks since 1995. I have (I think) 14 left and I have to do Turner Field before the Braves move again.

Most of the ones I have left are on the West Coast or National League. If I've been to an old stadium, I need to go back and do the new one, which includes St. Louis, NY (NL), and Miami. I've already been to both in Washington, Minnesota, and NY (AL).

Husky25

Reaction Score
. I've been to 24 former and past ball parks since 1995. I have (I think) 14 left and I have to do Turner Field before the Braves move again.
Former and current. Sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member