• Jalen Adams

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Omar Calhoun

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hamilton doesn't need to transform into some elite paint finisher, all he needs to do is get fouled a few more times a game and shoot +75% from there. Couple that with a more confident shooting stroke he could really put up nice numbers , something in the 14-18 ppg area.

Gibbs however has the best combo of shooting / handling on the team so an argument could easily be made there, he is definitely a 'scoring point guard'. In Ollies system ( waves of pick n rolls, "circle action" where spacing is a premium) players 1-3 all have a chance to be the best option on any given night... I'm just hoping both purvis and hamilton limit turnovers and become more evolved passers this season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Gibbs is the best scorer we have, and he's going to have the ball in his hands more than anyone. He's a great shooter, and he can create his own shot. I'd be very surprised if he weren't the leading scorer.
Gibbs however has the best combo of shooting / handling on the team so an argument could easily be made there, he is definitely a 'scoring point guard'.
I'm expecting that, by the time conference play rolls around, Adams is going to make it very hard to keep him off the floor, and that he will necessarily be eating some minutes from both Gibbs and Purvis. As a result, I expect Hamilton to average the most minutes, and ostensibly have the best opportunity to be the leading scorer.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm expecting that, by the time conference play rolls around, Adams is going to make it very hard to keep him off the floor, and that he will necessarily be eating some minutes from both Gibbs and Purvis. As a result, I expect Hamilton to average the most minutes, and ostensibly have the best opportunity to be the leading scorer.

That's solid reasoning regarding Adams, needing more PT. However, that may just result in more of Gibbs & Adams at the 1/2 and maybe Purvis sliding over to 3 with DHam at the 4 - for a smaller lineup? In that case DHam still gets tons of PT, but so does Gibbs and Purvis.

Reaction Score
Gibbs at the 3 pt line is going to be the beneficiary of Rodney and DHam, and Adams for that matter, driving the ball down the gut. Gibbs, Purvis, and DHam are going to have similar point totals about 15 per game on average. 10 for Brimah and Miller each. 10 from the bench makes 75 per game against real competition. How do I know all this? I have my Karnac hat on.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know if Rodney will lead the team in scoring, but he'll be up there.

I don't know that they'll have a primary scorer - there are six players who are least a threat to score 12-14 a game. (I'm leaving Omar out as he will likely score 20+, but seriously...if he gets the minutes, could he score 10? Yup.) I think we'll see a lot of balance and a cluster of guys around 10-12 a game with a couple up around 16. (My guess is Purvis and Gibbs/Hamilton.)

We have a lot of nice problems here.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Only 3 votes for Omar is a little shocking, he's going to average over 20 ppg this season.

I sure hope not. If he does, either: (a) Rodney, DHam, Jalen and Gibbs are all out with injuries or (b) Omar is playing on an intramural squad. He provides a nice shooting spark off the bench and needed depth at the 2-3.

Reaction Score
I sure hope not. If he does, either: (a) Rodney, DHam, Jalen and Gibbs are all out with injuries or (b) Omar is playing on an intramural squad. He provides a nice shooting spark off the bench and needed depth at the 2-3.
It was a joke, there was some poster here the other day who was hype about Omar averaging over 20 ppg this season but as Fishy said he can come in and go for 10 in a game along with six other guys who can do the same. We have 4 legitimately dynamic scorers in Gibbs, DHam, Purvis and Adams and those first three should average in the neighborhood of 15 ppg. I disagree with the people saying the 2009 team was way more talented, 2009 was bigger and stronger down low with Thabeet and Adrien but this team has the players to be more offensively talented than that squad, I see more players that can shoot, handle and pass than that squad had.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It was a joke, there was some poster here the other day who was hype about Omar averaging over 20 ppg this season but as Fishy said he can come in and go for 10 in a game along with six other guys who can do the same. We have 4 legitimately dynamic scorers in Gibbs, DHam, Purvis and Adams and those first three should average in the neighborhood of 15 ppg. I disagree with the people saying the 2009 team was way more talented, 2009 was bigger and stronger down low with Thabeet and Adrien but this team has the players to be more offensively talented than that squad, I see more players that can shoot, handle and pass than that squad had.

It seems like this squad could be a really good passing team. I don't have a good sense of how good a passer Sterling is, but I could see the additions of Miller, Gibbs, and Adams raising the team's passing ability/b-ball IQ by a lot. It will be interesting to see how well this team will play against zone defenses. I could see Miller being effective flashing to the foul-line opening and making plays (as dham should be).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom