First real top 25 for the season. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

First real top 25 for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kentucky will give the coaches no reason to put them into the top 25. Right now they have only eight players on the team, with one being a walk on I believe. They'll find two or three more walk on players, but Mitchell has dug a very deep hole it will take him at least a couple of years from where his team must climb before he'll be beating anyone again.

It is believed his special rules for his star, Epps, versus his rules for the remainder of the team led to all his coaches departing and then all his players transferring. Epps would have been kicked off most teams for her off court antics, more likely all teams except Kentucky. Mitchell let her make a fool of him and she remains his star. I'm not going to say I have a source, but too many Kentucky fans down here are telling this story, so there must be something to it and it does make sense.

Coaches play a large role. Which is why y'all--but not me--will be scratching your heads when Kentucky cracks the top 25. It may take until February but I know MM has a couple of aces up each of his sleeves.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Kentucky will give the coaches no reason to put them into the top 25. Right now they have only eight players on the team, with one being a walk on I believe. They'll find two or three more walk on players, but Mitchell has dug a very deep hole it will take him at least a couple of years from where his team must climb before he'll be beating anyone again.

It is believed his special rules for his star, Epps, versus his rules for the remainder of the team led to all his coaches departing and then all his players transferring. Epps would have been kicked off most teams for her off court antics, more likely all teams except Kentucky. Mitchell let her make a fool of him and she remains his star. I'm not going to say I have a source, but too many Kentucky fans down here are telling this story, so there must be something to it and it does make sense.
BLUF: If you are going to bash KY you need to come stronger than this: You act like Epps was not suspended for an alcohol related offense. Your statement that she would have been "kicked off most teams" is factually incorrect for most DI programs including UCONN. Your portrayal of MM as one who would let a player run a muck is not consistent with his record. MM suspension of Azia Bishop cost him a tournament win.
"Win or lose, Matthew Mitchell didn't think he would be doing his job if he didn't suspend senior Azia Bishop for violating a team rule leading up to Kentucky's NCAA Tournament game on Sunday."
Read more here: UK women's notes: Senior forward Azia Bishop suspended for crucial NCAA game Cats lose

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
A few random thoughts. First, it's sort of funny that his list is getting so much debate. I get why, but no Syracuse, Stanford, or Tenn in the top 25 is a joke and makes the entire list laughable. But again, it's just one man's opinion. I think there are several UCONN, ND, Baylor and SC fans on this board alone who know more about WCBB than Kenny Kalina.

With regards to Tennessee, I would love to see them legitimately fall out of the top 25 with a string of bad losses this coming year. Last year it took them forever to drop out of the top 25 because they started the season at about #4. They lost Moore, Graves (both to graduation) and Carter (injuries - retired), Cooper (injury - redshirt). they added Harris, Nunn and Green. Still, on paper, you have Russell, Deshields, and Nared as guaranteed starters. I would imagine the other starters would be Reynolds and Milddleton/Jackson, or maybe one of the forwards.

As we always say when looking at them on paper, there is some good talent there. Nared and Deshields are talented. Reynolds is solid. It remains to be seen if they can play with anything resembling chemistry...

Provided they pick up where they left off and don't get hit by injuries again, they're a legit top 10 team and possibly higher. Any more injury hits and they're doomed. As for chemistry, see the SEC tourney and the NCAA tourney. They were slow to find the chemistry, but much of that had to do with injuries they battled all season that required players either sitting or unavailable to even practice. That's tough when building a new chemistry with the addition of 3 key players. Deshields was also coming off a major injury and was no where near 100% until near the season's end and even then she was about 80%. Looking forward to seeing her start the season healthy

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
And yes, it's ridiculous as Kenny can't be objective, because he allows his personal feelings to get in the way of rational thinking.

Reaction Score
Coco, I told you I don't any sources other than a couple of posters on Cats Illustrated, their Rivals board, Though Kentucky has no women's forum, during their turmoil, two posters threw in this information on the men's forum. Perhaps, as a Husky fan, you can set these Cats straight about their program. Are you President of the Mathew Mitchell Fan Club in the Northeast? If so, you probably have more members up there than the like club in Kentucky has. I strongly suspect this was a big factor in causing the mass exodus. Yes, for all three of the assistants to quit and seven players transfer over two seasons there was probably other factors. But then, you probably already have all that information. I find it quite interesting you're using your own program and how it is run to defend how Mitchell, with all his problems, and the way he runs his program.

I consider that an insult to Auriemma and UConn.

Your replay hardly rebuts the assertion of the two Cats fans, nor my mention of their claims.

BLUF: If you are going to bash KY you need to come stronger than this: You act like Epps was not suspended for an alcohol related offense. Your statement that she would have been "kicked off most teams" is factually incorrect for most DI programs including UCONN. Your portrayal of MM as one who would let a player run a muck is not consistent with his record. MM suspension of Azia Bishop cost him a tournament win.
"Win or lose, Matthew Mitchell didn't think he would be doing his job if he didn't suspend senior Azia Bishop for violating a team rule leading up to Kentucky's NCAA Tournament game on Sunday."
Read more here: UK women's notes: Senior forward Azia Bishop suspended for crucial NCAA game Cats lose

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco, I told you I don't any sources other than a couple of posters on Cats Illustrated, their Rivals board, Though Kentucky has no women's forum, during their turmoil, two posters threw in this information on the men's forum. Perhaps, as a Husky fan, you can set these Cats straight about their program. Are you President of the Mathew Mitchell Fan Club in the Northeast? If so, you probably have more members up there than the like club in Kentucky has. I strongly suspect this was a big factor in causing the mass exodus. Yes, for all three of the assistants to quit and seven players transfer over two seasons there was probably other factors. But then, you probably already have all that information. I find it quite interesting you're using your own program and how it is run to defend how Mitchell, with all his problems, and the way he runs his program.

Your replay hardly rebuts the assertion of the two Cats fans, nor my mention of their claims.
You funny. Mathew Mitchell fan club is a global movement not just Northeast. What I find interesting is you jumping on a UCONN board to bash Mitchell and expecting full concurrence. And don't act like the program I support (UCONN) is not the standard bearer of all things WCBB. There is no need for me to use UCONN to defend the actions of another program. I'm not defending anything just stating fact. Fact: Alcohol related offenses DO NOT (Even at UCONN or Louisville) result in automatic dismissals as you incorrectly stated.
Report on arrest of UofL basketball players released
UConn basketball: Tyler Olander Suspended From UConn Men's Basketball Team

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score

I wonder if they were the same sources that said Walz babied McCoughtry and Schimmel and the other top players he tries to pull in!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
:) I identified my source(s). My post was to question the poster saying UK would be in the top 25 before the season ended. I only suggested considering all the problems in the UK program at this time don't count on that happening.

If Walz was mishandling his program when McCoughtry and Schimmel were at UofL, was your source able to explain why his teams won so many games during that time, including advancing to two championship games during those periods?

Coco, I think you put on your boxing gloves before you even read the first words of my posts. To suggest I do not consider UConn the standard bearer of every program in the country as often as I noted such on this board makes me wonder if your speed reading skills are failing you.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
:) I identified my source(s). My post was to question the poster saying UK would be in the top 25 before the season ended. I only suggested considering all the problems in the UK program at this time don't count on that happening.

If Walz was mishandling his program when McCoughtry and Schimmel were at UofL, was your source able to explain why his teams won so many games during that time, including advancing to two championship games during those periods?

Coco, I think you put on your boxing gloves before you even read the first words of my posts. To suggest I do not consider UConn the standard bearer of every program in the country as often as I noted such on this board makes me wonder if your speed reading skills are failing you.

Probably just as much as your source! Who was your source again? But I can say they were from Kentucky :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom