First play from scrimmage? | The Boneyard

First play from scrimmage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm thinking spread formation.....McComb alone in the backfield....Whitmer over center....three step drop and a quick out to Michael Smith.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Annexation of Puerto Rico.

puerto-rico.jpg

Reaction Score
I think a flea flicker for the first play would be nice... didn't that happen a year or two ago?

pj

Reaction Score
I do think it's a pass, but not too risky -- clear visibility, high probability ... maybe a slant to Nick Williams ... Ryan Griffin over the middle, or maybe Whitmer's roommate Shakim Phillips ... McCombs in the flat as a check-off option.

Reaction Score
I will go out on a limb here.......I think we run the ball.....with....just maybe....McCombs.

Reaction Score
i wouldnt expect too much creativity in general tonight. PP is a smart guy...he wont give too much away for the coming weeks game tapes.

on that note, i expect a run off right guard. many of those today, along with short passes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
WR screen or a slant with hb checkdown

That brings back great memories. The ole' WR screen that Uconn would use for a 2 yd pass while every other team would get 15 yards on it against us.

Reaction Score
i wouldnt expect too much creativity in general tonight. PP is a smart guy...he wont give too much away for the coming weeks game tapes.

on that note, i expect a run off right guard. many of those today, along with short passes.

Please! Fans said that last year for the Fordham opener. That UConn wouldn't get too creative in general and the PP wouldn't give too much away for the coming weeks game tapes. Turns out there was very little offense to "give away", period. So the reality was that PP didn't want to expose . . . What? That UConn would have no offense. Maybe the Fordham game could have given the QB & WRs a little more of a confidence boost and allow for some rythmn to develop.

You're not gonna score and be good by simply playing it close to the vest. Better that you work game skills in an actual game.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking spread formation.....McComb alone in the backfield....Whitmer over center....three step drop and a quick out to Michael Smith.
If we get a nice lead it would be nice to throw a lot to show others we are serious about passing this year so we don't see 9 in the box. Until we actually throw more teams will believe the coaching staff will stick with a conservative game plan.

Reaction Score
I think a flea flicker for the first play would be nice... didn't that happen a year or two ago?
navy did it us at the rent. I was at that game and it was all downhill from there.

Reaction Score
Fake handoff to McCombs on what looks like a draw play, then over the top to an open Smith for the 2nd score of the game. The first score being a 105 yard opening kickoff return for a TD by Nick Williams.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Why not a double reverse to Nick Williams?

Put that on tape for teams to worry about the rest of the year.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking a very vanilla play book tonight... Nothing special to NCST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member