First official(ish) UConn Photos for 19/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

First official(ish) UConn Photos for 19/20

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Does Oregon State or Oregon do the same kind of thing...posting vidoes or photos of the team? If so post a link so we can all see how great those kids are too.

OSU has an active twitter account. Tons of pictures and videos from their trip to Italy this summer. They also have a tradition of posting a video for first day of classes. Have to scroll down some.

Reaction Score
It’s not pretend. They’re majoring in basketball.

Did you ever hire an economics major? Did you know that if you laid all the economists in the world end-to-end they still wouldn’t reach a conclusion?
My daughter; Uconn, Dublin University PHD in International Economics, Then New Mexico U, th en Feds.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
They do have pretend majors. I can find one or two people that fell from seven stories up and lived, but would you go around thinking it's safe to jump from the seventh floor? There are exceptions to every rule. If I applied to UConn, with my good but not great academic record, and said I want to major in individualized basket weaving, do you think I get accepted without being 6 ft tall and able to shoot a basketball? I would be rejected or told that the Waterbury campus is nice in the summer.
Please seek help.

Reaction Score
It’s not pretend. They’re majoring in basketball.

Did you ever hire an economics major? Did you know that if you laid all the economists in the world end-to-end they still wouldn’t reach a conclusion?
Economics majors are the closest you can get to STEM without actually being STEM. My wife has an economics degree - College of Wooster, Class of 1963. She was a kick-butt computer programmer starting in 1965, In 1970(no typo - 1970!) she put the Santa Clara County Sherrif’s Department computer on line with the FBI computer in DC in real time. Many of the so-called “economists” we see on TV spewing garbage are people who couldn’t get a real job in the private sector.

Reaction Score
Ever heard of a double major? Just because you cannot handle two major commitments at the same time does not mean that no one can.

First off, don't you ever insult me again! I ACTUALLY played a sport at UConn and I am quite knowledgeable about what goes on behind the scenes with the SASP program. Athletes are provided with a number of benefits over regular students, SOME(not all) take advantage of those benefits and exploit the program.

Reaction Score
My daughter; Uconn, Dublin University PHD in International Economics, Then New Mexico U, th en Feds.
No offense to your daughter. I love economics. The joke was told to me by one of my economics professors. Basically was pointing out that economists involved in forecasting (my primary interest in Econ for much of my career) are in a no-win - they’re almost always going to be wrong.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No offense to your daughter. I love economics. The joke was told to me by one of my economics professors. Basically was pointing out that economists involved in forecasting (my primary interest in Econ for much of my career) are in a no-win - they’re almost always going to be wrong.
Economists are known for making clear their assumptions. Several of us on here are/were Dismal Scientists.

Reaction Score
Many of the so-called “economists” we see on TV spewing garbage are people who couldn’t get a real job in the private sector.

Not sure what TV you're watching but most economists getting interviewed are financial/banking/corporate economists. And the academics who are on are generally so high powered they would be gladly hired by almost anyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom