First official(ish) UConn Photos for 19/20 | The Boneyard

First official(ish) UConn Photos for 19/20

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
The team Instagram posted these informal pictures today on their story, but here it is in video form. I know some of you haven’t signed up for IG and can’t see the stories.

All of their personalities are definitely shining through.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Evina has got it all worked out

Best place basketball has taken her?

University of Connecticut. :D

After Basketball

Sports Analyst / Actress. Storrs should be helpful. :cool:

I know what people put on social media should be taken with a grain of salt, but Evina seems to be really enjoying herself with the rest of the team. Better late than never.

And I’m curious to learn what she’s majoring in that’ll set her up for that. Basic communications? Or a more interesting individualized major?

Also, shout out to ONO for studying economics. Where’s that thread about how they all have pretend majors...? :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Evina has got it all worked out

Best place basketball has taken her?

University of Connecticut. :D
And curiously she didn't mention Knoxville :cool: Evina has a smile that could light an entire stadium. Thank goodness she left that godforsaken place so that I can finally appreciate her.

I'm no fashion maven but Batouly's outfit is everything.

Love how all their personalities shine through in these pics. Just a stellar group of young women.

Reaction Score
It’s not pretend. They’re majoring in basketball.

Did you ever hire an economics major? Did you know that if you laid all the economists in the world end-to-end they still wouldn’t reach a conclusion?

Like Kyla pursuing a graduate degree on occupational therapy after she graduates? Please stop with the “majoring in basketball” theme. It’s tired and cynical.

Reaction Score
Also, shout out to ONO for studying economics. Where’s that thread about how they all have pretend majors...? :rolleyes:
They do have pretend majors. I can find one or two people that fell from seven stories up and lived, but would you go around thinking it's safe to jump from the seventh floor? There are exceptions to every rule. If I applied to UConn, with my good but not great academic record, and said I want to major in individualized basket weaving, do you think I get accepted without being 6 ft tall and able to shoot a basketball? I would be rejected or told that the Waterbury campus is nice in the summer.

Reaction Score
They do have pretend majors. I can find one or two people that fell from seven stories up and lived, but would you go around thinking it's safe to jump from the seventh floor? There are exceptions to every rule. If I applied to UConn, with my good but not great academic record, and said I want to major in individualized basket weaving, do you think I get accepted without being 6 ft tall and able to shoot a basketball? I would be rejected or told that the Waterbury campus is nice in the summer.
Who really cares but you?

Reaction Score

Based on your tired posts, I think what’s pretend here is your good academic record.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Some great smiles! Girls seem genuinely happy. Important to the team's future success.
Does Oregon State or Oregon do the same kind of thing...posting vidoes or photos of the team? If so post a link so we can all see how great those kids are too.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Based on your tired posts, I think what’s pretend here is your good academic record.
2jiddr.jpg

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting this – I always enjoy insights into the players as people.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Evina seems like a handful. Glad best friend Meg will keep law and order. ;) ;)
Nah. She's a sweetheart. With a 100 watt smile.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

As someone who actually has a relatively recent degree from UConn, let me clear up a few things. The individualized majors aren’t pretend majors. You’re not taking pretend classes. You don’t have fewer credit hours to earn the degree.

Oh, AND NON-ATHLETES HAVE THEM, TOO. :eek:

At least 36 credit hours, 2000 level and above, have to be from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences or the College of Agriculture, Health, and Natural Resources (the two departments that allow individualized majors). So when Lawlor got her degree in Sustainable Farm and Ranch Management, she had at least 36 CAHNR hours and took classes with the business school. That is all on top of their university requirements. Is there a major on the books called Sustainable Farm and Ranch

Is it the same as majoring in biomedical engineering or physics? No. But neither were my degrees in English and education.

So until you can prove they’re fabricating classes and programs for student athletes where no work is actually required, take your pretend degree accusations and, politely, shove ‘em.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom