First NIL basketball tournament | The Boneyard

First NIL basketball tournament

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Wow. That's eye-opening. If true, UConn better be invited.

Reaction Score
Wow. That's eye-opening. If true, UConn better be invited.
They weren’t in the initial list provided but who knows how accurate any of this is.

Reaction Score
St. Joes, Syracuse, and FAU are getting invites but not us? What?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
They weren’t in the initial list provided but who knows how accurate any of this is.
who was in the initial list?

Reaction Score
who was in the initial list?
According to sources with knowledge of the situation, tournament organizers are in discussions with Alabama, Duke, FAU, Houston, Kansas, Oregon, San Diego State, St. Joe’s, Syracuse, and Virginia to participate.

Reaction Score
According to sources with knowledge of the situation, tournament organizers are in discussions with Alabama, Duke, FAU, Houston, Kansas, Oregon, San Diego State, St. Joe’s, Syracuse, and Virginia to participate.
I wonder if the selection has to do with the other preseason invitationals like the Maui. None of the other schools with us in it are under consideration for this tournament

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I wonder if the selection has to do with the other preseason invitationals like the Maui. None of the other schools with us in it are under consideration for this tournament
It has everything to do with that. You are capped in preseason tourney games.

Reaction Score

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We are already locked in for Maui next year which is why I assume we weren’t mentioned.

If they want to pay the players to participate (it will work out to about $10K each scholarship player using the numbers they provided) that’s fine. The networks, schools and sponsors make money off these, so why not the athletes?

But paying the winner? I think that’s a really really bad idea that opens up a slippery slope. Just no need for that. It doesn’t make the game any more interesting for viewers and opens up a lot of opportunities for corruption.

Reaction Score
Bias was talking like this would eventually blow away the NCAA.

Bilas said on College GameDay Saturday morning. “Rather than going into a tournament and spending money to get there, it costs you money, you're not really making that much. Now, the players are making money, and it's going to – as this gets bigger, and I think it will, it's going to go into March."

Reaction Score
I'm probably wrong but I love this, I see this is a small way to help level the playing fields a little from the power 2 conferences. UConn basketball is a big brand tournaments like this will want big brands which means UConn will consistently play other big brands. If the MTE we play in each year can get checks for 25k or so to all the guys on the team that is a good thing in my eyes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom