First Night Visitors | The Boneyard

First Night Visitors

Reaction Score
I have not seen anything written about who will be coming to first night!
B&C

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I fully expect that the 3 commits will be there: Ashlyn, KK, and Qadence. I think someone else will be there--2023, 2024, 2025, or even 2026. Keep your eyes open! It seems too far for El Alfy, but maybe Prosper?? Fingers crossed. If there is a 3-point contest, look for Azzi to shine. I'm also predicting a Dr. A. dunk!

Reaction Score
No recruits are coming. They’re all going to SC. That’s where the money is.
That's a bold claim without any proof I'm a Uconn fan but as an African American I'm offended have you ever made such a claim about Geno when he seems to get all the top recruits? this is the double standard that coach Staley talks about. Maybe no recruits are coming because they're busy or looking at other schools before they decide or maybe they haven't been invited. I don't know why and if you have proof that coach Staley is paying them to come to SC show it please...
Go Uconn

Reaction Score
That's a bold claim without any proof I'm a Uconn fan but as an African American I'm offended have you ever made such a claim about Geno when he seems to get all the top recruits? this is the double standard that coach Staley talks about. Maybe no recruits are coming because they're busy or looking at other schools before they decide or maybe they haven't been invited. I don't know why and if you have proof that coach Staley is paying them to come to SC show it please...
Go Uconn
I think it was generally intended as a joke as all the major D1 teams now appear to have substantial NIL programs. South Carolina recently announced that every kid on the roster would be getting at least $25,000 next year if I remember correctly. Uconn has lots of NIL opportunities as well.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
let's just hope they can operate the baskets properly this year......;)
Charlie, they wouldn’t dare “pee in the bed” like that 2 years in a row. :confused: They may have mechanical or production challenges this year, but they won’t have any problems with the baskets.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Go Uconn
It’s not a double standard. It’s based in fact. Dawn and SCar will pay a “minimum wage” of $25,000 per year through a program managed NIL. I’m a Gamecock fan.

Whether UConn has announce it or not, I’m about certain all players are gonna share in jersey sales, poster sales, etc.

It’s the world we are in.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It’s not a double standard. It’s based in fact. Dawn and SCar will pay a “minimum wage” of $25,000 per year through a program managed NIL. I’m a Gamecock fan.

Whether UConn has announce it or not, I’m about certain all players are gonna share in jersey sales, poster sales, etc.

It’s the world we are in.
Except for International players, they are not allowed to make that kind of money on a student visa according to U.S. law.

Reaction Score
Except for International players, they are not allowed to make that kind of money on a student visa according to U.S. law.
They are not allowed to make money in the US on a student visa. Thus, they can’t share in school sales of merchandise - which is the basis of the $25,000 “minimum wage.” US Players share in team sales of merchandizing etc in the US by the school.

However, nothing in US law can prevent them from earning individualized NIL money from sources outside the US and receiving the pay in their native ( parents’) country of domicile. UnderArmor, for example, could pay Amihere for ads and endorsements run in Canada. ( or Cardosa in Brazil) Same would apply to Prosper so she could get a Niki deal at UConn. These companies conduct business internationally.

Reaction Score
How hard can it be to get a work visa? Every international pro player has one. I'm going to guess a couple of million other people in the U.S. have one also.

Reaction Score
Go Uconn
Sometimes we just have to recognize a joke or a piece of " click bait"! IMO

Reaction Score
Go Uconn

Reaction Score
Sometimes we just have to recognize a joke or a piece of " click bait"! IMO
Hard to tell from a person with only 18 posts. S|he has never exhibited such sarcastic humor or troll here before. It, you could be right. If sarcastic humor, I salute the post and admit that it trolled me,

@Galaxyshooter

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom