First night video posted | The Boneyard

First night video posted

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Aubrey moved very tentatively in her introduction. Hopefully its just an ankle tweak and not her back.

Reaction Score
I watched the You Tune version which, after some painful joking by male and female players, proving stand-up is not in their future, it became a series of nothing interviews. Waste of time.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it but the whole "First Night" show was mismanaged IMO. It wasn't one technical screw-up it was many. The video feed of course. During the introductions when some of the players came out they were in the dark, you couldn't see them well. The bit between Evina and RJ was an ill conceived waste of time. Then one basket is broken, so they do interviews instead of actually showing us what the people there are seeing.

When the little girl does her dancing/gymnastics move, of course the camera didn't follow her the first time and they had to do a second take. The questions to me were not that good, but as it turns out a few boring interviews were the highlight of the night. No backup plan for the rim, no scrimmage, no dunk or three point contest, and not much reason to go or watch.

The entire process needs to go under the microscope and changes made. Some of the people involved this time should not have anything to do with it next year. They failed completely. The fans, particularly since it was just students showed great support and deserve better.

Reaction Score
I hate to say it but the whole "First Night" show was mismanaged IMO. It wasn't one technical screw-up it was many. The video feed of course. During the introductions when some of the players came out they were in the dark, you couldn't see them well. The bit between Evina and RJ was an ill conceived waste of time. Then one basket is broken, so they do interviews instead of actually showing us what the people there are seeing.

When the little girl does her dancing/gymnastics move, of course the camera didn't follow her the first time and they had to do a second take. The questions to me were not that good, but as it turns out a few boring interviews were the highlight of the night. No backup plan for the rim, no scrimmage, no dunk or three point contest, and not much reason to go or watch.

The entire process needs to go under the microscope and changes made. Some of the people involved this time should not have anything to do with it next year. They failed completely. The fans, particularly since it was just students showed great support and deserve better.
UConn should just eliminate the whole first night thing. It’s just a waste of time and really no reason for it. Just have UConn post a few more video clips from a few practices. That would more than suffice.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Believe me, you're not alone in your assessment. I haven't seen the video yet. After reading some of these posts, I'm sure I want to. Sounds like a waste of time. Thanks for the heads up. I share your concerns oldhuskie. If they can't put on a production if this magnitude, and pull it off so that it looks like it was produced by adult professionals that know what they're doing, then hire it done by an "outside" production company that does this type of thing for a living. That FARSE last night does not shine a positive light on anyone associated with it. It had the look of pure amateurism from start to finish. :confused:

How about this..................each team would be given 60 minutes. Let the women go first. Start on time!! Start the live feed at 6:59 pm. The first player introduction is a 7:00 pm sharp. The women's 60 minute clock is running. Introduce the roster, run warm up lay up lines for 2 minutes, then start the 3pt shooting contest. After that's over, run the scrimmage for 20 minutes. When the horn sounds the women are done. They wave good night to everyone as they exit the floor.

At the crack of 8, bring on the men. For fans that are not interested in seeing the women, they can tune in at 8:00 pm, and don't have to sit through the women's portion of the program. For those fans that are not interested in the men's team, they can say good night and tune out. This way, EVERBODY is happy. Fans get to watch their team's program for a full 60 minutes. If you're a fan of both teams, great!! Either way Everyone enjoys the show. :)

Reaction Score

With all my complaints I actually forgot one, namely RJ's mike not working, just add that to the list.

Reaction Score
UConn should just eliminate the whole first night thing. It’s just a waste of time and really no reason for it. Just have UConn post a few more video clips from a few practices. That would more than suffice.
It's for the students and I'm sure they enjoyed it. Why should they eliminate it because a bunch of people who aren't students or don't even live in the state weren't happy with it? The consternation over what is essentially a pep rally is mind boggling.

Reaction Score
It's for the students and I'm sure they enjoyed it. Why should they eliminate it because a bunch of people who aren't students or don't even live in the state weren't happy with it? The consternation over what is essentially a pep rally is mind boggling.
Totally agree. This night really is for them and not for viewers at home. It’s important and gathers school spirit. I can imagine the players were disappointed, but still had a fun and hopefully the fans there did too. Hopefully next year things get sorted out and it’ll run a lot more smoothly. Uconn posting more video clips doesn’t really do anything for the players. A pep rally is a much better option in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to rewrite the whole deal and get it professionally done - not like there's a dearth of production expertise in the neighborhood.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom