First Night TV | The Boneyard

First Night TV

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In the 2020-21 season, the Huskies will visit Marquette. I hope to be there.

You gotta go! No telling when UConn will come to Milwaukee again. When they come to California, I make it a point to go. I want to see them in person every chance I get. It's much cheaper than traveling across the country to Connecticut. They're worth the effort and the price of admission. ;) I'd love to attend at least one first night. I've never been to Gampel, :( but it's on my bucket list.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
For many years now I've had luck watching the exhibition games on College Sports Live.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
So I guess that it is not on SNY????
Oh well, I cut the cord and am only streaming now, so I lost SNY on DirecTV but do stream the ESPN app. :)

Reaction Score
Oh well, I cut the cord and am only streaming now, so I lost SNY on DirecTV but do stream the ESPN app. :)

SNY is available on a bunch of streaming services, PS Vue, Fubo, YoutubeTV, Hulu live, etc.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
SNY is available on a bunch of streaming services, PS Vue, Fubo, YoutubeTV, Hulu live, etc.
I was trying (unsuccessfully???) to be sarcastic. BTW I do subscribe to YouTube TV and SNY is not offered due to the fact that I don't live in the SNY viewing area. I should be able to see most every game using the ESPN app, as I previously mentioned.

Reaction Score

I don't know your situation, but Directv has their sports pak for an additional fee which will give you SNY. This is what I have to do in southearstern PA.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
it's on my bucket list.

I hope it's way down toward the bottom of your list. ;) Other than an impressive array of UConn championship banners and the WOH, Gampel is nothing special.

Reaction Score
it's on my bucket list.

I hope it's way down toward the bottom of your list. ;) Other than an impressive array of UConn championship banners and the WOH, Gampel is nothing special.
The game time atmosphere is special

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I hope to watch it via the internet out here in Vegas. I also hope that if I can watch it, that Liv drives the house crazy with a dunk.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I don't know your situation, but Directv has their sports pak for an additional fee which will give you SNY. This is what I have to do in southearstern PA.
Sorry that I wasn't clear...after being suscribers for 20+ years, we quit DirecTV completely in favor of streaming all our "TV" needs.

Reaction Score
OT a little, make sure your ROKU or what you use, gets Pluto TV, download the app, lots of free stuff from them to watch. I cut the cord 8 years ago, and I still function. :)

Sorry that I wasn't clear...after being suscribers for 20+ years, we quit DirecTV completely in favor of streaming all our "TV" needs.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
it's on my bucket list.

It will be an experience, to say I’ve been there. When I do visit, I want to see two games. That’s too far and too expensive for one game.

Reaction Score
OT a little, make sure your ROKU or what you use, gets Pluto TV, download the app, lots of free stuff from them to watch. I cut the cord 8 years ago, and I still function. :)

Best decision I ever made! I went from paying DirecTV $180/month to paying $55/month for YoutubeTV, ESPN+, and Amazon Prime. I get EVERY single college basketball and college football game in the country!

Reaction Score
Best decision I ever made! I went from paying DirecTV $180/month to paying $55/month for YoutubeTV, ESPN+, and Amazon Prime. I get EVERY single college basketball and college football game in the country!

I agree cutting the cord was best decision I made about Comcast. You don't specify your Internet provider, how much are you paying for that? I cut the cable portion but retained the internet at a $89.99/month (150Mbps). I believe Comcast is still "giving it to me" at that price but you do need internet to cut the cord. I decided to purchase my own modem to save an additional $10/month. With YouTube TV $55/month and Internet $89.99 [total $145]. At the time I cut the cable I was paying around $195/month...still a $50/month savings. Where I live, the Internet choices I have is Comcast or Frontier @ max 25Mbps.

Reaction Score
I agree cutting the cord was best decision I made about Comcast. You don't specify your Internet provider, how much are you paying for that? I cut the cable portion but retained the internet at a $89.99/month (150Mbps). I believe Comcast is still "giving it to me" at that price but you do need internet to cut the cord. I decided to purchase my own modem to save an additional $10/month. With YouTube TV $55/month and Internet $89.99 [total $145]. At the time I cut the cable I was paying around $195/month...still a $50/month savings. Where I live, the Internet choices I have is Comcast or Frontier @ max 25Mbps.

I am paying $90/month for my internet 500mbps, but I need that for my job so I don't include that in my price comparison.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I am paying $90/month for my internet 500mbps, but I need that for my job so I don't include that in my price comparison.
Up until 2 years ago, our only choice to get the interwebs was using a T1 Business line - which is unbelievably expensive. So with DirecTV, again our only option, we were paying more for the net and TV than a lot of people pay for their mortgage per month (this might be a little hyperbolic, but you get the idea).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom